“Peaceful woodland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Door County Cottages
Livingston, Montana
“Peaceful woodland”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We very peaceful relaxing stay at the Lincoln cottage. I was impressed with the construction of the property, how sound, well thought out it was. From the layout of all the homes on the property they each had their own private, unique selcluded way of inviting you in. Beautiful to be in the woods without any sounds other than the wind. I found the inside very cozy, comfortable, and clean. I was very happy that I followed my intuition and selected Door County Cottages for our vacation. I would highly recommend the stay to anyone.....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank keetoo_12

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 3, 2012

What a beautiful setting! Quiet, peaceful, picturesque, we will be back for sure. The sun room was where we stayed the most. You could literally touch the trees from the windows, thats how neat it was! The hot tub was awesome with some eucalyptus epsom salt thrown in the mix. The stereo system surround sound was playing some great songs as we entered in the evening on our first night, Dale had the place all ready for our visit...I could tell he understood our need for relaxation thats all I can say! Thanks for a GREAT weekend!

Room Tip: The Gretna is awesome!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a great time! The best of all worlds -- quiet and secluded yet close enough to be able to enjoy all of the activities Door County has to offer! What a delightful relaxing week. We're already planning our next summer trip!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My huband and I recently stayed at the Fieldstone for our anniversary, we loved it!! I felt so at home I didnt want to leave, its a cozy little cabin in the woods. I especially liked the beautiful view out of the huge windows off the living room and dining area! The cabin was clean, neat, and orderly!! We will definitely be back, Thanks Dale! Tim and Amy

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hartland, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My wife and I just returned from what was supposed to be a 3 day stay at the Fieldstone. One night was enough for us. This cottage has so much potential, but cleanliness and upkeep are significant issues. Shortly after we arrived we noticed the abundance of cobwebs throughout the cottage. There was a puddle of yellow fluid on the kitchen counter that we could only hope was some sort of cleaning solution. Like one of the other reviewers stated, we also felt the need to wash all the dishes before using them, but the dish rack that they provided was fithy. We ended up using one of the two dish towels to set the dishes on until they dried. The final straw was the beds and the bedding. It was obvious it had not been changed. It was covered with hair, as if it had been on the bed for weeks. We also experienced the smell. Damp basement is a good analogy. Make sure to bring light bulbs if you decide to stay here, because we found many of them burnt-out when we arrived. I think the owner needs to hire new cleaning and maintenance people, because based on the other reviews, these appears to be ongoing problems. The envelope on the counter from the cleaning people with the note "Tips Appreciated" is laughable.

The beds themselves are like nothing I've ever seen. I'm 5'11' and my wife is 5'3" and our legs hung over the end of the bed. The pillows were awful. Nothing more than foam bits inside a cloth bag. They provide no support at all. We may have slept a couple of hours at best.

The following morning, my wife and I did our best to enjoy Door County as we have many times over the years, but spending one more night in the Fieldstone occupied our thought the entire day. We decided to cut our visit short and head for home. Although it's not easy accepting the feeling we were taken advantage of, my wife and I look at this as a learning experience. Obviously, we will never stay at The Cottage Retreat again, and will not recommend it to our friends or family.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mhackbarth1
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Greatnas. We were very impressed witht the sound system and all the speakers throughout the cabin. We also emjoyed the sauna very much. Our whole family had a great time. We loved the cabin and the setting very much. Many thanks!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Drherlache56
Morris
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The wooded location was very nice but the accommodations were substandard for the price. The dishes were not clean, old and must have been purchased from numerous garage sales. The linens were even worse. Basic necessities such as dishes and linens don't need to be expensive, but should be clean and usable. I washed all the dishes we used before we used them, unfortunately I couldn't wash the sheets and blankets before we had to use them.
The dead bolt in the basement was broken and so was the screen door lock. It would have provided more security if they had been usable, especially since it was in a heavily wooded and secluded area.
I normally don't write reviews but felt that I should after this stay and the associated cost. If you choose to stay at the Cottage Retreat, don't choose the Gretna. It is simply not worth the money for what is offered.
This cottage has so much potential. Upgraded kitchenware, linens and a proper cleaning would make a huge difference as well as justify the cost.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Spuds33
mm207, Public Relations Manager at Door County Cottages, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed and have considered your recommendations. We have our linens professionally laundered and a cleaning service come through after each stay and have talked with them to bring up the standards of cleanliness. And we have repaired/replaced the deadbolt in the basement and lock on the screen door of the cottage you stayed in.

We have also included some recent photos of the different cottages, including the Gretnas where you stayed, so viewers can see the quality of our cottages to decide for themselves.

We hope you stay with us again so you can see the changes and we can meet and exceed your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Edgewater Resort
Edgewater Resort
#2 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Door County Cottages? Share your experiences!