All reviews grand suite door county fire pit double sided fireplace wet bar standard room hot tub donuts an adult fish creek first floor get away romantic getaway each morning grounds are lovely pool area enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

I came to Door County for my birthday weekend and absolutely loved staying at the Ashbrooke Hotel. It is so quiet and peaceful. My favorite thing is that it’s an adult only hotel so no kids running down the hall or slamming doors or screaming. I got a call the date of our check-in to let me know that a getaway room was available with a whirlpool and it was perfect! Thank you Sharon for being so accommodating! The whirlpool is big enough for 2 adults and the robes are so comfy and soft. The hotel also has an indoor pool and whirlpool. I spent an evening there just relaxing. They also have an outdoor bonfire with a lounge area. It was the perfect location for a weekend getaway! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Door County for a romantic getaway.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2019

My husband and I spent a weekend here celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. It was wonderful. Our room was so clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff is exceptional. The double sided fireplace was such a great addition to the room and made the mood so cozy. The carpeting in the room was so plush and looked brand new. The bathroom and shower were meticulous and the shampoo and toiletries were very high end. The whirlpool tub in our suite was very large and the robes provided were soft and luxurious. Our room faced the street but the traffic noise was not an issue at all. The atmosphere was very peaceful and quiet. The pool area was large and we met some very nice fellow travelers in the hot tub but it's not crowded at all. In the morning, you can enjoy doughnuts and muffins in the lobby area to start your morning out right. The owner gave us suggestions for restaurants and they did not disappoint. We will definitely return to this hotel the next time we're visiting Door County.

Reviewed June 5, 2019

I have traveled most of the US and Canada and this hotel does it right! A large living/dining area with seperate bedroom and bathroom. Adjacent to the bathroom is the seperate room with sink and make-up area. A duel fireplace that faces the living area and is also open to the bedroom. A wet bar completes the living room. Gracious hosts serve breakfast (muffins and donuts) and coffee. Located about halfway up the peninsula, you are relatively close to all shopping and attractions. Learn to use the county roads that cross the peninsula and avoid the traffic of the highways. A wonderful experience!

Room tip: Pick a room facing Green Bay although the trees may block some views.
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Ashbrooke after our wedding for a mini-honeymoon. The place was very clean and every employee we met greeted us and we just felt so welcomed. We will definitely stay at The Ashbrooke again the next time we stay in Door County.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Our suite was wonderful; everything we could have hoped for! The double-sided fireplace was a real treat to sit in bed, enjoy that and the TV later in the evening! Beautiful room!! The staff were very friendly and helpful as well! Also, the lighted fire pit at night was a bonus! Would definitely stay there again!