“Very sweet place”

Shallows Resort
Menasha, Wisconsin
“Very sweet place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent one night at the Shallows Resort shortly before Memorial Day weekend and had a great time. They motel is simple, but very neat and clean. We booked the beach house which technically would have fit 6 people, but since we had a snorer among us, we wanted him to have his own room. For one family the price is high, but when split $200 isn't so bad at all. We can only recommend the beach house because it has waterfront view, a little porch, and even a balcony on the upper level. The lady who checked us in was very nice and bubbly also. We would come back, but maybe hope for a full, not a continental breakfast. Also, if you love to be among people and the bar scene, this is not the right place as it is quite a ways (rather in the woods) away from downtown Egg Harbor. All in all, great.

Room Tip: 4-6 People: Beach House!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Val_Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I have traveled on vacation to Door County quite often over the last 20 years. We love staying at The Shallows Resort in Egg Harbor. We stay in the motel that faces the water. What an outstanding view! Very friendly staff there as well. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are spacious. They also have a nice tennis court and basketball court on the grounds. The continental breakfast is also pretty good. My only wish at this resort is that they had a indoor pool. During cool days the outdoor pool is not much good to anyone. But, overall I highly recommend staying at The Shallows. The sunsets alone are worth the stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank B
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at this motel every year for over 40 years, great family atmosphere and fantastic views. Very convenient location I recommend this place to anyone traveling to Door county. Book early they are almost always full.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lanark, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here for well over 20 years. Each year, we feel as if we are returning home. We have gotten to know the owners, over the years, and almost consider them family. Try The Shallows.........we guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All accommodations have been excellent. The only ones we recommend you try to avoid are the motel r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Geoff S
Oak Forest, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We honeymooned at the Shallows over 27 years ago and decided that we would try it again after so many years.

It was like coming home to an old friend. Everything was the same. The homey, family feeling, the benches by the water to watch the sunsets, beautifully landscaped grounds and the good morning cinnamon rolls and coffee. It is easy to tell that a lot of love and attention to detail has remained constant after all of these years.

What was different? We stayed in a motel room and it had been completely renovated. The bathroom was spacious and completely redone and our bed was super comfortable with upgraded bedding. The porch area adjacent to the pool is now closed in and is a very comfortable place to enjoy a cup of coffee or play games. We were astonished at how low the water levels are on Green Bay. But that didn't mar the beauty of the fall sunsets.

If you are looking for a cozy, family run hotel that is close to Egg Harbor and ON the water, then I would highly recommend a stay at the Shallows.

Room Tip: Second floor hotel rooms have a nicer view of the bay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place was FABULOUS!!! This is the perfect place for a couples get-a-way or a family vacation. We only stayed one night in the motel. It didn't have a lot of new updates, but was cozy and perfect for us. I would rather have a clean room that has everything we need without adding all new things every year and charging double!!! What ever happened to use it till it is worn out...by the way...nothing was in such bad shape that I would complain. The staff - terrific!! I lost my credit card and they did everything they could do at 10:00 at night to help me. Talk about going the extra mile! Although, I wasn't worried for a second because the people we met here were nice, courteous and seemed trust worthy. A real family place. We met a family that has been coming there OVER 40 years and this seems to be common here...and why?? Because of the views, the choices in lodging types, the prices and the staff. We hope that we will be able to find a weekend next year where they will let us stay again. Just a wonderful, relaxing time!!! Oh...and did I mention that when we thought our babysitter was not going to be able to watch the kids, they suggested on they used for their own kids???? Just spectacular!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

The location and views and grounds are beautiful. However, they need to make a few upgrades for me to return. Firstly, the mattress had defined indentations - desperately needs replacement. The continental breakfast could use better,more and healthier selections. When we checked in, I asked to have a bed linen change mid-week, and was told it would cost me $10.00. Excuse me, but if I am here for 7 nights and dropping over a $1,000., you're going to charge me to get fresh bed linens? The minimum stay is 3 nights, so after that the staff should come in and clean and change sheets. All said, if I ever turn to Door County, I will ask very specific questions and stay in a nicer place.

Stayed September 2012
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Edgewater Resort
Edgewater Resort
#1 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Shallows Resort? Share your experiences!