“Another year at the Lull-Abi”
Review of Lull-Abi Inn

and 1 more site!
Lull-Abi Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Egg Harbor B&B and Inns
Des Plaines IL
“Another year at the Lull-Abi”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

What can i say another perfect trip to the lull-abi. Bruce and Gail have to be the friendliest people in town. Cannot wait till next year. They even tracked us down in their wonderful hot tub area to ask if we wanted our room cleaned. Like i said before if your looking for a place to rest your head or the night and enjoy a morning hot tub soak before a fun filled day this is your spot. Not to mention how affordable it is in this time of economic distress. Thanks again Bruce and Gail.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Eagle Grove
Reviewed August 8, 2010

You can trust the pictures on their website. My sister and our husbands visited Door County Aug. 2 & 3rd. The rooms were spotless, cheeseboard, knife, & corkscrew on counter, toiletries in a basket, rug in the bathroom. It was a great motel. The only reason I gave it only 4 stars for location, is unfortunately, no harbor view. The bed was just a bit too hard for me, my husband loved it. If you don't want to spend & fortune - check in. Marilyn & Steve, Lois & Larry, from Iowa.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Minneaoplis
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My wife and I stay at the Lul-Abi Inn when we visit Egg Harbor. We love the friendly atmosphere at the Inn. Bruce, Gail and their staff make our stay very pleasant. Every room we have tried has been wonderfull. The amenities are numerous. We especially like the hot tub which helps us get relaxed after the grueling 6 hour trip from Minneapolis.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Des Plaines IL
Reviewed March 20, 2010

My friends and I all in our 20's needed a place to stay on a budget for a week. We found the Lull-Abi Inn perfect for our stay. I worked in Egg Harbor after high school for 3 years and never really noticed the place. I was blown away with the respect we received from the owners who treated us as adults and not some punks up for a weekend of fun. We arrived early in the morning from Chicago to avoid all traffic. Check in was later in the day but once we checked in the owners made sure the staff made our room available first. They could have told us go wait in town for a few hours but they didn't. Also the staff was amazingly funny and kind. We did not want to subject them to cleaning up after 20 somethings everyday but they forced us to leave (not in a bad way) to make sure we had the cleanest room possible. The hot tub was a plus, a nice soak to start the day is really the way to go. We really only used the room to sleep and and shower before headed to the beach all day, but i have to say i love this place and i will stay there for many summers to come. The owners are by far the nicest couple in town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chicago2door
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My Husband and I have stayed at the Lull-Abi Inn for many years. The rooms are tastefully decorated and kept fresh and clean. The towels are extra thick, fluffy and numerous! The Inn has a wooded "back yard", is quiet and centrally located with a great restaurant right next door.

We choose a suite that comes with a wet bar, microwave, coffee maker/coffee and small fridge. A fresh dish towel and dish cloth are supplied every day along with microwave popcorn. Since we prepare food to take with us, on the road, this is perfect for our needs; complete with cutting board and knife. It is the little things that count!

Lovely living area with small dining table. As a traveler for many years, I love returning to the Lull-Abi and finding it even more comfortable than how I remembered it.
The owners, Gail and Bruce are very gracious hosts and over the years, have become our friends.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Midwest
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We booked a trip to the area and arrived, exhausted, ready for some rest and relaxation in a beautiful town. We are, formerly, and wistfully, Wisconsinites (Spring Green area), and we were really looking forward to a much needed respite.

My wife went to get our room. We had picked up our dogs from the kennel, and would be staying one night, our last night of our week's vacation, in Egg Harbor, with our dogs comfortably sleeping in the bed of our station wagon (windows rolled down).

The owner castigated my wife for trying to sneak dogs into his establishment. My wife explained that the dogs would be staying the night in the back of our station wagon. The owner persisted in accusing my wife of trying to sneak the dogs past him, but apparently was only too happy to get the room filled for the night; my wife felt intimidated by him, and paid.

My wife came back to the car, visibly shaken. When she told me what transpired, I went in to talk to the owner. A bit of background, that doesn't help matters - I am hobbled by a spinal injury, and was laying down in our car, waiting to go in to our room and lay down, much needed after the drive. The last thing I wanted for any of us was to be put in a horrible situation, even for one night.

I got inside and asked the owner what the issue was, and I again reiterated that we would not be taking the dogs into the room. He became extremely heated, pounded on a sign on his wall that said "no pets on premises," said "that means NOWHERE!!!!" and sneered that the prohibition was also on his website.

As of today's writing, I see no such information anywhere on his site, and obviously didn't see it when we booked the room (and again - the issue is, or should be moot - since the dogs would not be in the room). The irony is that although I did see a single, small piece of paper on the wall, saying "no pets on premises," the wall also contains numerous pics of ... pet dogs.

As I spoke with this man, it almost immediately became clear to me that this was a very, very angry guy. Due to his red-with-anger demeanor, I did not feel comfortable with my family and I staying at his motel; I said that just wouldn't work out, we'll just need to need to cancel our stay and get a refund, and we'd be on our way - at this point, in my mind, move on - simply, not something I want to get involved in, staying here with such ill will; but no real harm done, let's all move on, etc.

However, the man continued to castigate me and my family, in an extremely agitated manner. I told him we do not need to speak further, just need to simply process the refund and we'll be concluded. He continued laying into me and my family, with his manner worsening, until it grew to the point he was bordering on an aggressive or violent posture, in my measure of it; in pain, exhausted, and finally, well, I had had enough; I finally lost my cool, said some words with more color than I wish I had (not my style - and I am blown away any of this came to this point, to be honest); I also told him I would be relaying my experience in a web review.

The owner jumped up, literally quaking with anger, pounding the desk and spitting venom, and, to take the cake, threatening to call the sheriff (to which I said, "that would be fine" - again, I simply wanted to get the refund processed, so that we could leave and have nothing more to do with this man or his off-kilter business - I had zero issue telling this to anyone, including the Sheriff's department, and if anything, this guy needed some help cooling his jets).

I guess when he got ahold of himself long enough to realize a sheriff might view the scene differently than he had hoped, he processed the refund, slammed down the refund slip; I took it and left.

In town, looking for some recommendations on last-minute places to stay, we understood from talking to a few others that this owner apparently has an anger issue, and he isn't recommended (gotta say - when several people from a small place all say the same thing, along the lines of an eye-rolling, "oh, yep - that's him" kind of acknowledgment, saying that the man does indeed have an issue with anger, and dealing well with others...well, let's just say I wish we'd known earlier).

I'd strongly recommend anyone considering a stay to consider any number of other wonderful, wonderful places in town, and what a wonderful town it is. Shame this man almost poisoned the experience for us, but we are very grateful to have been so well-treated by a few, very understanding, others.

And should you have pets, the Egg Harbor Visitor's Center very graciously provides pet-friendly lodgings located everywhere in the area.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank GadjoFesty
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
One needs to assume that at some time a guest will be upfront and forthcoming about his plans while staying at a lodging property. My website, the confirmation he received, and the 81/2 x11 sign in my office clearly state "No Pets on Premises". We do this not because we dislike pets, but because we strive to provide the cleanest property anywhere. You can tell we succeed by reading the remaining Trip Advisor reviews.
This guest never asked about our pet policy when making the reservation and never told me they had two dogs until after they had checked in and paid. Had they asked in advance I would not have taken the reservation.
I would ask you to discount this review.
Green Bay wi
Reviewed August 27, 2009

3 girl friends and myself decided to go to door county this year, we go on vacation every year together. We shop alot, play cards, and just relax.
This was one of the best vacations we have had. The apartment was the way to go. We had seperate bedrooms for those who wanted to sleep in and those who get up early. The kitchen was furnished with everything. Housekeeping was great, and the owners could not have been nicer and more helpful.
We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites
Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay
Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay
#3 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Lull-Abi Inn? Share your experiences!