“The best place to stay in Door County”
Review of Egg Harbor Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Egg Harbor Lodge
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We have spent two weeks in August at Egg Harbor Lodge for the past six years. It is quiet, with pool, tennis, golf green, and hiking path - everything we want, plus close to the music, theatre and restaurants of Door County. The Sawyers do a great job.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2009

After years of coming up to Door County, staying at a great variety of lodgings, my husband and I have spent the last 11 years staying at the Egg Harbor Lodge. Obviously we would not continue to return if we did not know, by comparison, it is the most outstanding and accomodating. The concern and courtesies extended by the owners, Sarah and Mark are a pleasure to experience The view of the Bay is superb and the sunsets magnificent. Furthermore, the rooms are kept spotless
by the staff.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Egg Harbor Lodge for the first time and absolutely loved every minute of it. What a treat! We felt so lucky to have selected the Egg Harbor Lodge after searching through the Internet. We stayed in a room on the third floor and enjoyed the spectacular views of Green Bay. The room was a nice size, clean and modern with a refrigerator and microwave. Each morning we would have our coffee on the porch and at night we would enjoy the amazing sunsets. I cannot imagine a better view than we had from our porch and room. We also enjoyed the heated pool and the whirlpool. We spent some sunny afternoons reading on the grass near the pool, again taking in the wonderful view. The town of Egg Harbor, with its shops and restaurants, is within walking distance. We loved the town itself as well as the other parts of Door County we were able to explore. The grounds of the lodge are immaculate and we saw people working every day, planting flowers, cutting the grass, etc. Mark and Sarah could not have been more hospitable and made some great suggestions for restaurants and a "fish boil.'' I normally do not write reviews but we had such a wonderful experience that I want to share my thoughts with others. We live in New York so we are a long ways away but my wife and I both would love to go back sometime (sooner rather than later!). I cannot say enough good things about the Egg Harbor Lodge -- We have traveled extensively and I would say our visit there ranks up there with the best of our trips!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2009

We really have to take issue with the negative review from the St Louis folks. We have been coming to the Egg Harbor Lodge every year for the past thirteen years. This is a small, family owned and operated resort. The owners have always been extremely friendly, helpful, and quick to respond to every request. We have stayed in numerous different rooms at the Lodge, including the two-bedroom suite, and found them all to be clean, fresh. and well-appointed. Door County is one of the very rare franchise-free, unspoiled vacation destinations left in the United States. If your goal is to be in a large branded resort environment--Door County IS NOT the place for you. If you want to experience a unique, locally distinct, charming area--please come.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We read all of the reviews for this establishment and were sorely disappointed by what we found when we arrived. The room was terribly outdated, dark, and smelled quite musty and sour. The bathroom was extremely dark, even with the lights on, the toilet ran poorly, the shower had no water pressure and there was a lack of warm water. We stayed only one night and were fortunate to find other lodgings the next morning with everything we were looking for- cleanliness, updated and comfortable accomodations and great customer service!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CallieandCharlie
Glor, owner, manager at Egg Harbor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2009

I am very sorry that our accommodations did not meet this guest’s
expectations. Ours is a family owned business, and we strive to make each guest’s visit special, from our outstanding view, the quality of our rooms, and our customer service. It would appear, contrary to our other reviews, that in this instance we fell short. We will address whatever shortfalls were identified in the review. We do, however have a guarantee on our website that says upon arrival, if you are unhappy with your accommodations, we will cheerfully refund your deposit and you will be free to find something else more to your liking. We stand by this guarantee, and if this guest had let us know of their displeasure we would have cheerfully refunded their first night’s stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2009

We have been staying at Egg Harbor Lodge for over 10 years. The view, quiet, and relaxed atmosphere make it the best stay in Door County. We tried different hotels when we first started coming up, but once we found Egg Harbor Lodge, would not think of staying any place else. We love Egg Harbor and the fact that we can walk to town is an added plus.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This lovely hotel offers what is quite possible the best views of Door County sunsets. The rooms are spacious, spotless, and very comfortable. (I stayed in a Premium King which offered a very nice balcony). I can't understand the previous reviews expressing concerns about room conditions. I've stayed here twice , I simply love this place, and I plan to come back here again many times. The grounds are well maintained. There are lovely sitting areas on the bluff to see the gorgeous sunsets. I found this to also be one of the quietest places in Door County as the lodge is located well off the main road and sits behind a stand of trees. It is located within walking distance of shops and restaurants in Egg harbor and is within easy driving distance of many other attractions. The owners, Sarah and Mark, quite friendly and helped me find several new restuarants in the area.I have recommended this lodge to all my friends.

. .

#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Landmark Resort
Landmark Resort
#2 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Egg Harbor Lodge? Share your experiences!