“Favorite place to stay in Door County!!!!”
Review of Egg Harbor Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Egg Harbor Lodge
Cary,Illinois
“Favorite place to stay in Door County!!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I returned to the Egg Harbor Lodge to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had stayed here several years ago and liked the atmosphere so much we came back. The Sawyers are wonderful hosts eager to share suggestions for restaurants, activities and night life. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The bed was awesome. Sarah has a great blog that is really fun to read. We have suggested Egg Harbor Lodge to many friends. Love the location. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nancy A

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Egg Harbor Lodge and every part of our stay was perfect. From the large spacious rooms to the awesome lake view at happy hour everything was awesome. This resort has it all!! It is very well maintained and they have everything you need like golf greens, walking track, outdoor pool, hot tub and bikes (free of Charge) just to mention a few. The resort was located very close to the retail area of Egg Harbor and was just a short walk to get there. The staff there was very friendly and they made sure you had everything you needed to make your stay perfect. We had such a great time we will be returning next month which is the best time of the year to visit for us when the trees begin to change colors. If your looking for a getaway where you will be treated like a King the Egg Harbor Lodge is the place to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mark g
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have been staying at Egg Harbor Lodge for the past 8 yrs. and would not go anywhere else! The owners are friendly and caring. Rooms are clean and large with patio doors leading out to a large balcony. Bed was king sized with pillow top mattress......I slept better than I do at home. It is also very quiet--room had refrigerator, wet bar, microwave, coffee maker, DVD player and they were always accomodating if we needed anything....NO OTHER PLACE TO STAY IN DOOR COUNTY--Egg Harbor Lodge is THE PLACE!

Room Tip: I think any room at Egg Harbor Lodge would be perfect for sunset views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat6123
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Before I even set foot in the Egg Harbor Lodge, I had a feeling I was going to like the people who run it. Why? Because I have been following owner Sarah Sawyer on her blog for a about a year. Sarah blogs about Door County like the insider she is. Before my husband and I drove over the county line, I knew where I wanted to eat (Trio), what bar I had to visit (The Bayside), and what activities I had to include on this trip (Hands-On Art Studio and a bike ride through Peninsula Park). When we arrived at the Lodge, Sarah was as effusive and informative as she is on the printed page (ok, digital page). Our room overlooked an amazing vista of Lake Michigan waters and an island, the perfect backdrop for the sunsets that followed. My husband and I enjoyed the privacy and quiet a no children lodging establishment offered as well the room size and amazing outdoor pool on the top of a bluff. Out three-day getaway was just what we needed.

Room Tip: Be sure to read Sarah's blog before you come for great tips on Door County.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Beth A
Milwaukee
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed here twice and each time we love the view, solitude and privacy offered to the clients. We had a lower level room , king, and a walk out to the grass...a short walk to the pool and views are fantastic. There is no balcony in these units, as the entrance faces the bay. The room was a little stuffy and smelt a bit mildewy, but once the ac went on, that changed. Yes, we would return to this place again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My first red flag is that their website does not feature any photos of rooms. There's a reason for that. Very outdated, in color, design, etc. Comfortable but that was about it. Small, small bathroom... and although they said carpeting was new, my feet were always black so I had to start wearing sandals.
Our screen door was ripped down one entire side, so we could not leave the door open at all.

The grounds are nice, pool and the sunsent, well - the owners can't take any credit for that.
I think the biggest issue was that these people seem to care less about their level of service. We encountered first the husband, then the wife, and then maybe a daughter. NOT ONCE, Not Once -- were we welcomed, shown any information about our room, thanked for our business or even encourage to 'come back and visit'. This is the hospitality business folks -- that means being hospitable, and hopefully liking what you do! It seems to us that you are just biding your time until you could get out of your investment.

Room Tip: Can't say. Ours was minimally satisfactory.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna M
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We found the Egg Harbor Lodge quite by accident. We came in without a reservation, were given a room and found it to be a perfect example of north woods charm. It's a little dated (window air conditioner in the room, practice putting green, 1 tennis court) but it's been kept up beautifully. It doesn't strive to be a five star hotel but it's ambience is wonderful. The lodge sits atop a bluff overlooking Egg Harbor. At sunset, guests gather in lawn chairs or sit on their balconies to watch a magnificent show. The vibe here is relaxed and mature without being geriatric. My wife and I loved this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Egg Harbor Lodge? Share your experiences!