“Went for the pizza”

Mojo Rosa's
Ranked #24 of 29 Restaurants in Egg Harbor
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: We have a large Selection of authentic Mexican Cuisine along with Broasted Chicken - Pizza - Mojo Burgers and more! All served 11am 'till bar close daily! "Get your Mojo on!" in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin.
Oak Park, IL
“Went for the pizza”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I know this is a Mexican restaurant, but we went for the pizza and it was pretty good. Could have used a little more cheese. It's a good place for families to enjoy a night out.

• Visited July 2013
Kim J, Public Relations Manager at Mojo Rosa's, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for stopping at Mojo's. We serve both Mexican and America fare so in case someone in your party doesn't care for Mexican they can find something they'll enjoy. We thank you for taking time to post a review of our business.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Family dinner gone wrong.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly hostess, but unfortunately it was ALL downhill from there. Our waiter provided us with the worst service we've ever had. He was disorganized, unfriendly and made it seem like we were inconveniencing him. I figured that out after my "crazy" request for sour cream (imagine that... on my burrito) that he brought and practically threw at my plate. The food was hardly edible. My burrito came with a "rojo" sauce on it that consisted of opening a can of crushed tomatoes and pouring it all over the plate. Chips were stale, some even tasted rancid. With three kids in tow, we were eager to leave, but it took at least 10-15 minutes to get our bill. We made up for it by visiting the Pink Bakery next door, by picking up some real food with friendly service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mom_of_3_77
We apologize for your experience at our restaurant. This is something that we take seriously and will be looking into in further detail. Again, our apologies.
Burlington, Iowa
“No frills. Good food.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The tacos actually have shredded beef instead of ground beef which was a pleasant surprise. There is outdoor seating, but the view of the bay is minimal. Full bar. Appears to be a local hang-out.

• Visited June 2013
Thank you for visiting our establishment. We cater to all persons whether local or tourists and we make all of our food fresh when ordered.
“Stay Away!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have no idea who in the world could find positive things to say about Mojo Rosa's in Door County. I think these Tripadvisor reviewers are confusing Mojo Rosa's in Egg Harbor with another Mojo Rosas. Because there is literally no way anyone can say the food, drinks or atmosphere here is anything less than awful. No way.

We popped in here after realizing that Parador restaurant (Spanish tapas) was not open for lunch. We were starving & needed something. Unfortunately, my sandal would have been tastier & better prepared.

We started off with the chips & jalapeño queso dip. Chips were beyond stale and the dip tasted like it came from a mix. Because we were so hungry, we ate them ... But did not enjoy them at all.

I had ordered a Margarita, since the Door County Go Guide pronounced them "the best". I believe whoever wrote that description had never had a good margarita in their life. This was beyond gross, entirely too strong to be enjoyed and came with its own fruit fly floating in it. Disgusting.

I ordered the carne asada, my husband ordered the Tres Carnes for entrees. And when both arrived, I knew there was no way we were eating this crap. My carne was the consistency of shoe leather. I couldn't even cut through it with a steak knife. It came with pathetic limp lettuce and one slice of carrot peel. Yes, peel. I took one bite and threw it down on my plate in pure anger. Absolutely revolting. The waiter came by & asked how things were. I said "not good" & he goes "yeah, we've had problems with that dish". Oh, really?? Then how about you warn me before I order it.

My husband's Tres Carnes looked like someone threw up tres Carnes on the plate. And didn't taste much better.

I hate being that harsh, but this place does not belong along side the other fantastic restaurants that populate Door County and CERTAINLY does not deserve the high ratings it has gotten on here.

2 Thank Ukwineguysgirl
Kim J, Guest Relations Manager at Mojo Rosa's, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We apologize for an experience that was less than expected and what we expect to give our patrons. We take reviews seriously and this has been brought to the attention of the owner and manager. If you could please send us more information on the date you visited and the time you visited, we would like to look into this further.

We work hard and take pride in our food, service and value to our customers. We are disappointed we did not please you and your party. Please send us more information at info@mojorosas-doorcounty.com so that we may get to the bottom of your experience. Thank you.
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Yikes”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The beef tacos were bland and tasteless and on top of that the beef was cold. It did not feel clean there were cigarette butts all over by the front door and newspaper that had not picked up. Far from gourmet it was like eating cardboard.

The margarita were fabulous so really enjoyed the drinks, Will not go back.

1 Thank JoMamma54115
Kim J, Public Relations Manager at Mojo Rosa's, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for writing your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your margaritas but not pleased to hear about the food. We encourage all of our customers to please work with your servers or manager if there is an issue as we aim to please our customers. If you could please send us the date that you visited and the time, we would like to look further into this situation.

Thank you again for helping us strive to do better.