“Don't waste your money”

Mojo Rosa's
Ranked #23 of 28 Restaurants in Egg Harbor
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: We have a large Selection of authentic Mexican Cuisine along with Broasted Chicken - Pizza - Mojo Burgers and more! All served 11am 'till bar close daily! "Get your Mojo on!" in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We live out of state but own a home in Door County and come back a few times a year. Every time we have driven past Mojo Rosa's on our drive up DC, I have thought "we've got to try their food one day". We already tried one Mexican restaurant in Sturgeon Bay that wasn't great and thought we would find another. We got back into town on Friday and I've been craving Mexican Food. I asked my husband if he was interested in going to Mojo Rosa's for lunch today and he said yes. My mouth was watering for some good tasty Mexican food.
We walked into the restaurant and were the only ones there. We picked a table and sat ourselves down. The waiter came over with menus and brought some water. We talked over the menu with the waiter and he selected a couple of dishes that we might like. My husband ordered a seafood enchilada dish $8 (no beans or rice). I ordered the chicken burito $13 (w/rice and beans). We also ordered nachos w/o meat for an apitizer. We wanted a beer but the waiter was busy helping another table. Finally he came over and said "oh I forgot to ask if you wanted a drink". We ordered a beer and he walked to the bar. He then walked up to another couple sitting at the bar and they wanted bloody mary's. He went to make their drinks, while another couple came in, he gave them menus. He then went in the back. I could not figure out why he didn't get us our beer. He came back to the bar a few minutes later and continued making the bloody mary's. After about 10 minutes he brought us our beer. The food took quite a while to get to our table. As I said before, we were the first people in the restaurant and only a total of 12 people by the time we left. The burito was filled with shredded chicken, large shredded carrots and onions and large shredded carrots. Why would anyone put carrots and lettuce in a buritto. Any burito I have is filled with meat rice and beans. I was fighting with the lettuce and having to cut through the burrito with a knife to cut up the lettuce and carrots.
The rice was decent, haven't found a place where rice was spectacular anyway. The beans were not good. There was a flavor in them, either nutmeg or cumin or something, it was strong and a turn off.
My husband said his seafood enchiladas were ok.. I think he liked the cream sauce the best that was over them. But he was disapointed in what he got for the price. Rice and beans are cheap, I gave him mine and shared my burrito with him.
The nachos we ordered were good.. 8$ without meat which I thought to be high for what we got. Normally nachos come out on a dinner plate. These came out in a bowl like what they served their enchilladas in. Not much topping, except in the middle. They used some sort of sauce on them because the bottom of the bowl had a lot of liquid in it.
My husband had to ask for the bill. The waiter had brought out a bill to another table that came in after us but didn't seem to think of us. Also the waiter never came back to our table to see if we wanted anything else.
I would never go back there. My search is still on for another Mexican restaurant that doesn't fill their burritos with a ton of carrots or a ton of lettuce

1 Thank steffi1ut

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Average at best”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It was alright. Nothing to recommend to others. Food was alright, service less than average and atmosphere was rather messy.

Visited May 2012
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Order anything except the Mexican cuisine”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been to this restaurant 4 times now and have been underwhelmed each visit.

The Good:

The American cuisine isn't half bad. The burgers are decent and the pizza is a solid choice for carry out since they are one of the few places in Door County with carry out pizza. The cheese curd appetizer is top notch, I think among the best I've had in the area. The bar is a decent place to have drinks and watch a game. The patio is a nice idea but don't expect a good view since all you will look at is the back of Main Street Market (grocery store)

The Bad:

For a Mexican restaurant they sure have no clue how to make tasty Mexican food. All the dishes I've tried have been horrible. The latest mistake was the jumbo shrimp fajitas. The dish consisted of approx. 6 totally overcooked rubbery shrimp with no flavor and not even close to being jumbo size. These are served in a cast iron hot dish mixed in with a ton of onions and green peppers absolutely swimming in oil. The fajitas come with a pile of diced romaine lettuce which is terrible, flour tortillas (not bad) and refried beans that taste like they come from a can. Where is the sour cream, or cheese, or guacamole???

I could go on to write about the 3 previous lackluster meals I've had at this place but it's a waste of time, kind of like this restaurant. Unless you are looking for a bar to watch a game and have some drinks with an appetizer or looking for carry out pizza I see absolutely no reason to ever spend money at this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place didn't knock our socks off but the food was decent and the wait staff were pleasant and professional. They have a bar area for people who like to throw back a few before or after dinner. The people at the bar seemed to be enjoying themselves mightily. Worth a stop.

1 Thank Dinobrava
“Great Deals to eat!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Nice location and great food!!
Service average! Try everything and it's good!! Try it you might be hooked!

1 Thank Sweetslovak