“Wine tasting”

Stone's Throw Winery
Ranked #6 of 29 things to do in Egg Harbor
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We enjoyed 5 tastings for $5.00. The wine was affordable and a bit above average. The reason for the less then stellar rating is the staff was over whelmed with the amount of customers and seemed to move slower with each selection. I notice a number of people leaving as they observed the staff. It took well over a hour for the tasting and to buy 6 bottles.

stonesthrowwinery, Owner at Stone's Throw Winery, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Our 3 busiest weekends of the year are the first 3 weekends of October and it is very difficult to staff for them. We do our best but insist that we not rush anyone through the process. And to that end, yes, the tasting can take a bit longer. We work hard to ensure a positive experience… but it can be overwhelming.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

There were no tours operating over the Labor Day weekend, but we enjoyed tasting wines very much as if we were in Napa or Sonoma. Surprising quality - we even joined their wine club.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Please introduce yourself to me upon your next visit as I would like to spend some time one on one with you!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stone's Throw Winery was suggested to us by a Door County artist and we are so glad that we took the time to visit. The tasting room is in a stately old converted barn--a perfect setting for the experience. The wines are quite good, as well. We were having such a good time that we decided to have lunch at the Vino Vino Wine Bar located on the property. In contrast to the tasting room this building is new and very contemporary. We enjoyed a wonderful antipasto platter and more wine for lunch. Delicious! We'll definitely make this a regular stop on our next visit to Door County!

Wow- What a wonderful review… for which we thank you!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

For $5 for the glass, almost all wines on the lengthy selection chart were available for tasting. This winery does not vinify Wisconsin grown fruit, but imports selected West Coast grapes to make the wines in the rural area east of Egg Harbor. The tasting room was large and well-appointed, with the courteous, very tend-to-business server quite helpful in directing what to try. However, it was clear that she was there to sell wine and particularly wine club memberships. The wines I sampled (all blends, one white, three red) were pleasing to me--I ended up purchasing three of the four. However, as I understood it, the zins, which I really wanted to try, were not available for sampling.

So sorry, must have been a mis-understanding re: the Zins… which is the wine we are known for. I will be glad to share some with you upon your return and the tasting is on me!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was our last winery stop of our vacation...of the 4 we visited this one ranked last in both my and my husbands mind. The only one where we had to pay to taste, we expected more. We arrived around 3:30 on Saturday afternoon, and it was busy, but no one greeted us, there was no explanation of how the process worked. We knew ahead of time that there was a $5 tasting fee, so I walked up to the register thinking that's were the process started. Another guest had to tell us that you just walk up to the tasting area and they take your money there. I believe we waited for about 10 min before one of the winery staff came up to us to take our money and explained the tasting menu. They had a nice selection of wine, but no crackers for cleansing in between the 5 tastings. Our server was knowledgable about the wines, and the wines were decent, but more expensive then other wineries we had been to.

Sorry for your experience. Try as we might we can’t please everyone with our award winning wines. We continue to improve our service, as it is the foundation of our success.