“It was ok.”

Trio
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went here for anniversary dinner, as the menu online looked appealing. The restaurant looks nice on the inside. We had no wait for a table at 7 pm on a Saturday! Our server, when he finally appeared, was very brisk and indifferent - especially since we didnt' order wine or appetizers. My husband had the spaghetti Bolognese and I had the chicken Normandie. My husband enjoyed his meal a lot, but mine was very disappointing - the sauce just tasted odd, and there wasn't a lot of chicken, mostly potatoes and vegetables. I'd probably give the restaurant another try and order something else, but I was fairly let down.

3  Thank Janet L
There are newer reviews for Trio

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food was excellent, the choices are mouth watering. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the inside of the restaurant is really nice and comfortable. I was very satisfied with my meal, I had the Cassoulet which was amazing and a perfect cappuccino to top it all off !

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Really good food at a reasonable price. Good choice and food was really tasty. God atmosphere. Friendly staff who were always ther there to make sure tiy had what you needed.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We chose Trio on our vacation to Door County as a result of the ratings it got here on Trip Advisor. What a disappointment. Our server was borderline rude-we asked whether there were local wines available and he smirked at us and told us that none of the wineries in Door County grew their own grapes. First of all, this is not completely true. Several wineries there are using locally grown grapes for at least some of their wines. Secondly, a restaurant is still supporting local wineries just by offering their wines even if the grapes are brought in from elsewhere. As a result, we passed on the wine and our server just walked away. He didn't ask if we were ready to order or give us any other explanation for his sudden departure. After waiting a while longer, and my husband suggesting we request another server, he finally came back for our order. My husband ordered the bowtie pasta with salmon and I had the rigatoni. Portions were tiny. The bowtie pasta with salmon was completely devoid of flavor. The rigatoni was more flavorful, but greasy and the pasta was slightly undercooked. Do yourselves a favor and go down the street to Galileo's. Better service, better food, better atmosphere.

2  Thank L G
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Prior to our Door County trip, we found Trio's menu online, and can honestly say that each and every dish listed intrigued us, and any thoughts of a Friday fish boil or fish fry went out the window. Even having perused the menu for several days, we had a hard time deciding. We started with one of the best appetizers we have ever tasted: the Fried Artichoke Hearts ($6.75), which were lightly breaded and served with garlic mayonnaise.

We also split the Three Pea Salad ($6.75), a bright, fresh combination of green, snap and snow peas with Belgian endive and a tangy, peppery mustard vinaigrette:

Tempted by the cassoullet, I opted instead for the Roasted Duck leg Quarters ($18.95) with olives and oranges, served with garlic mashed potatoes. The olives and oranges added a sweet/sour flavor to the perfectly cooked duck:

My wife was just as happy with her Lamb Shank ($18.95) braised in wine, rosemary and garlic, with the rosemary taking the lead. The lamb was served on a bed of lentils:

We also had the Berry Crisp ($6) for dessert, which proved to be more of a hot fruit compote topped with granola and a scoop of ice cream. With a few glasses of wine, our bill came out to $92 plus tip. The entire evening at Trio was delightful and we highly recommend it.