“Nice Cozy Getaway, Dog-Friendly, Good Location”
other travelers have booked this property
Quiet, cozy log cabin in the woods.
Beautiful log cabin on quiet wooded 1.5 acre lot. Large front porch for relaxation.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Quiet, cozy log cabin in the woods.
Beautiful log cabin on quiet wooded 1.5 acre lot.
Large front porch for relaxation.
Great room with fireplace.
Full kitchen in great room, with dishwasher.
Comfy sleeping alcove on first floor.
Ladder with hand rails to second floor sleeping loft.
Loft and ladder, with privacy curtain behind beams.
Cozy deck off second floor loft sleeping area.
Loft twin beds with door to second floor porch.
Firepit for evening fun.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
jeff n
“Nice Cozy Getaway, Dog-Friendly, Good Location”
Reviewed November 22, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

This is a nIce cabin in a wooded setting, great location for central Door County. The cabin is well equipped, good for dogs, and has a cool loft and upper balcony. The host, Karen, was very helpful and friendly. Thanks again.

Nov 23, 2017
It was our pleasure to have you come and stay with us -- and we hope that you will return again very soon!
Kristin K
“Beautiful log cabin - great for a romantic getaway ”
Reviewed November 6, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Perfect size for a couple - everything you need to relax in a private hideaway including a queen bed, full kitchen, wood burning fireplace. It’s nice and secluded in a wooded area but super close to the downtown area of Egg Harbor. Adorable place decorated with all the rustic touches and extremely well maintained. We had a great time and would recommend!

Nov 9, 2017
We loved having these folks stay with us -- and agree that this cabin is just perfect in every way. Hopefully they will return again and again!
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 9, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for the lovely review -- we would love to you join us again!
Ken S
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Very nice cabin, in central Door County location. Well equipped and accurately described. Our daughter really enjoyed staying up in the loft bedroom....she was fine with the very steep stairs(think ladder with hand railings), but I could see those who are elderly and/or not comfortable with ladders not enjoying staying up there. We've stayed in Door County many times and always find something new to do. For first time visitors to the area, try a fish boil. Our favorite is at the White Gull in Fish Creek but there are many others. For a rainy day, try the Maritime museum in Sturgeon Bay.

Aug 17, 2017
It was a pleasure to have you join us and we sincerely hope that you return again soon! Yes, the loft is wonderful for the right folks! Our grandchildren always love using the area as their special secret area to spy on all of us below! And they love sleeping there -- so comfy and roomy -- with their own private balcony. Thanks for the lovely review!
upigu2
Elgin, Illinois
“Not as expected”
Reviewed June 18, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Wow! RFD or street numbers difficult to see set back off road if it weren't a home across street with an RFD number you'd miss it.
Cabin looked great from outside and it looked clean on the inside. Poor lighting, no instructions on using TV controls, impression that the ladder would be fine to climb as the description read if you are feeble not for you. Well I am pretty spry for my age and the steps were steep. If you needed to climb down in the middle of the night steps are challenging. And how does one get luggage up the steps? You'd need a pulley or leave clothes downstairs. Two throw pillows were filthy they looked like a mechanic rubbed his oil laden shoes on the covers. Was not using them. Wasn't comfortable sleeping on the sofa. I called the owner about the steps she was on the defense as it was in the description for older people to climb steps and that she was in her late 60's and it was difficult for her. First I told her I did not get a notice about this issue. However I went back online and as stated earlier not for feeble people. Describe feeble. Anyways she said she'd check to see what she could do and she stated two other places which I believe she owns were only open for 2 nights and they were the same 2 nights. She didn't seem to want to either find us a place elsewhere or refund some of our money. So I told her we would stay as we had traveled a distance. Also no space in dressers for clothes, only staples we could find were salt and pepper no spices to speak of. I will never recommend this place to anyone who is going to Door County. Oh we did get coupons to a custard shop and $25 off for a meal. She owns both places, so no skin off her back. No thank you not going back there.

Jun 19, 2017
This renter and rental stay was a challenge. When I received the original request for info about this cabin and the renter mentioned that she and her cousin were both in their 70's, I answered immediately here in a TripAdvisor message that the loft was great but the ladder was quite steep. I wrote a four paragraph response with information about the loft because of my concerns when she mentioned their age. But, not everyone in their 70's is mobility challenged so I did not want to assume that they weren't able to climb steps easily and deny them rental of this cabin. I did not mention feeble, but I did mention that it would not be suitable for folks who are have mobility challenges or for people with small children. I mentioned that we are in our 60's and 70's and we climb that ladder all of the time just as a way to let her know that I am very familiar with the cabin and the ladder. I should mention that this ladder is rather in the center of the room and is open. It is not in some far away dark area. It is a focal point of this great little cabin. It is an open concept cabin and, as such, the loft is always quite popular with folks but I am careful to mention to everyone that the ladder is steep. She booked the cabin anyway. She did call me when they arrived and at that point told me that the ladder was too steep for them. Over the course of the next hour I checked all of my rentals and offered nights at two condos that I have that would have been better suited for them and that were larger and modern -- otherwise I was already rented out at my other rentals. Again, this is a simple basically one room authentic log cabin located minutes from the little town of Egg Harbor on 1.5 wooded acres. It is extremely popular as a rental and this being summer months, lodging is difficult to find here. I am disappointed that these nice ladies did not enjoy their stay. They could have departed and I would have been happy to refund their money -- but they laughed on the phone and assured me that they would figure something out! That is the last contact that they had with me although I encouraged them to call me if I could help with anything at all. The other reviews here are all 5 star reviews so I am pretty certain that my message about what the cabin is and what it is not is clear to most folks. I am disappointed that this renter won't be back and I am also disappointed at her rather nasty review here. Door County is wonderful and honestly, this cabin is really quite lovely also.
tomnliz25
Northbrook, Illinois
“Perfect location, fantastic stay!”
Reviewed June 13, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The cabin and furnishings were very comfortable and met the needs of the two of us and our dog. Owner even had puppy toys, bowls, etc if needed. Location to downtown Egg Harbor so convenient but still an intimate wooded setting. It is a great central location to visit other towns in Door County. Looking forward to our next visit!

Jun 14, 2017
Thanks so much for this great review -- and we really do hope that you return sometime soon! It was a pleasure having you stay with us -- that cabin is really a wonderful retreat.
Jean M
“Spring Break Getaway for Mother and Daughter”
Reviewed April 5, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This log cabin saved us from the city chaos. Relaxation was definitely the order of the vacation for us and this log cabin brought it too us, indeed. Just out the front door was a huge pile of split wood for the stone fireplace inside (or outside) and we had a beautiful fire going every morning and every night! The shops close by, excellent restaurants close by (we certainly recommend Caseys BBQ and Alexanders along with the Blue Horse excellent. Everyone, from the cabin owner Karen to the shop owners, bar tenders and grocery store down the block, everyone was so incredibly nice and accommodating. Located far enough away from the main road, in the woods, it was a 5 star stay for us! We will be sure to visit again!

Your age range 65+
Apr 15, 2017
When we corresponded prior to your booking and arrival, I definitely got the impression that this cabin would be perfect for you. It really is in an ideal location and still so private. The authentic log cabin is lovely to look at and such fun to stay in! I hope that you two return again very soon! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely, detailed review!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing