“Wonderful food, great ambience and interesting shopping too.”

The Bistro at Liberty Square
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Egg Harbor
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Had a very enjoyable meal at the Bistro at Liberty Square in Egg Harbor last night. Seafood Alfredo was excellent, and I especially liked that you could order a half portion, so I had room for cherry pie ala mode, the way it should be. Beautiful romantic urbane bar, and you can even hold a party here or a wedding reception was just ending. If you are coming to Door County check it out - right on your left as you drive into town. Great and interesting shopping too! Art, jewelry, clothing, toys and games, and beautiful furniture for you cottage, all in one place!

11  Thank JanMadison
mm207, Public Relations Manager at The Bistro at Liberty Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you. We are pleased you had a great experience with us both dining and shopping, and that you had room to try some of Door County's famous cherries. We look forward to the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

My girlfriend and I spent a fantastic relaxing weekend in Door County for Memorial Day. We spent our last night in Egg Harbor and wanted to eat a nice dinner. By far we're we expecting top of the line dinning, but what we got was bottom of the barrel. The timing of the service was unacceptable. Drinks were served on time but bread, salad, and dinner we're 30-40mins apart. I ordered the full order of salmon ($21) which I felt had no taste and was truly overcharged being that the fish measured 5"x1.5". I did ask to make sure I was clear that I got the right size fish and my server informed me that the regular order is tiny. My girlfriend ordered the gorgonzola stuffed chicken that was severely over cooked and dry. This place needs to get it's staff all on the same page. My dinner bill that night ran us just under $70. The night before we at in Fish Creek and had much service, food, and desert. Take my advice and go try some place else. I hope this place makes it but if it does it won't be on my dime. Also before I forget, another table near us was so hungry they offered to take a slice of pizza from the neighboring table due to there 45min wait before any part of there order came out.

4  Thank truppe

We are so sorry to hear that you had a terrible time with us, and we would like to apologize for the long wait and quality of your meal.

We take your concerns very seriously, and we have hired a new Front Manager who is looking at new procedures that should deal with these issues. Also your review helped us to decide to no longer serve a half order of the salmon as it is just too small a serving, and we want our customers to be pleased by the size of our portions and quality of our food.

We hope you will stop in again and give us a second chance. We would like to be able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 28, 2009

We arrived ten minutes before closing time and were reassured it was no problem. We offered to get our food to-go and the staff once again insisted that we stay and enjoy our meal without hurrying. There were four of us and we all ordered different items. They were all delicious. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough for both the quality of their meals and also for their excellent service.

10  Thank SFDollins
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Had a similar experience to some of the others on this board. It took a long, long time to get our food. In between the waitress comes and tells us that one of the dishes was not available...after already making us wait for 15 mins!! Then, the manager informs her that the dish can actually be made. Finally, when the dishes arrived, they were less than stellar - definitely not worth the wait. And it wasnt just us....i noticed others around us...their dishes also took forever.

3  Thank trump21
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We visited the Bistro recently and had one of the worst experiences ever at a restaurant. It took forever to get our food and it was cold when we received it. Not to mention that our Prime Rib was bland and tough. For a place hyped up to be classy, they should have competent staff that would be able to function when half-way busy. I would hate to see when they are very busy.

For the outrageous prices they charge, I definitely do not recommend this business.

3  Thank AmazinginGreenBay