We stayed at this property for a family reunion. The resort is truly lovely. It offers stunning views -both wooded and of Lake Michigan. *Note that there is no easy lake access however - the resort is rather high up.
When we arrived we were initially disappointed to find out that our room was not as we expected, but the staff cheerfully accommodated us with a complimentary upgrade that was more than comfortable. The grounds are beautifully maintained. You almost have the feel of staying in a very "posh" summer camp! The accommodations were immaculate. With a full kitchen, it was easy to cook in - and I SO appreciated that they provided complimentary coffee! Housekeeping was timely (I've stayed at places where they don't arrive until 5:00 p.m.!). We also appreciated that there were several inviting areas for our family to gather for pizza supper, for wine and cheese, and for grilling.
My only criticisms of the resort really are not the fault of the resort or its management. Having several families with us, we attempted to communicate by cell phone - and the reception was practically non-existent. That was frustrating, but again, not the fault of the resort (unless they have any pull in getting a cell phone tower in anytime soon!) Another issue is that due to the size of the resort and the various needs of our family members, we were all rather spread out among different buildings, which made things a tad inconvenient. However, that could not be avoided, and I do not fault the management on that. All in all, if you are looking for a nice Door County vacation spot and are prepared to "un-plug" - this place was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Door County's Landmark Resort features 294 tastefully-appointed one, two and three-bedroom suites. Comfortable and casual, the accommodations reflect Door County's relaxed attitude. With alternate views of the forested countryside or Green Bay's sparkling waters, the suites include a fully-equipped kitchen, living room, dining area and deck. All of the units are air-conditioned, feature cable television, a DVD player, and free wireless internet access. Indoor pool is open 24/7. Plenty of great amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Landmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landmark Resort Egg Harbor, Door County, WI
- Landmark Hotel Egg Harbor