“Comfortable Arrangement. Good Location.”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Egg Harbor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here a couple nights with my wife and in-laws back in November 2013. This was our first time in Door County and we all enjoyed it and thought the Landmark was a comfortable place to stay. The suites were very roomy and the resort property is very wooded which is great. Our building was further from the bay than most of the other buildings but it was still a quick walk to see it.

The issues I had with the Landmark was that the decor in the room was a little dated and the continental breakfast was pretty weak and the arrangement made it really cramped and crowded. My father in-law wasn't wild about the rules which prohibited smoking on the patios despite not being near any other unit. Some people may find that to be a plus though.

Other than that we enjoyed our stay at the Landmark but next time may try to find another place closer to the water and a town in Door County.

Room Tip: Make sure you try to get a room in one of the buildings with a view of the bay if possible. Try to a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean O

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at the Landmark even in the frigid cold of December. Plenty of room, and kids loved the pool and arcade! Lots of room to explore outside and beautiful views! Kitchen set up made life easy with the kids for breakfast and lunch!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Tgarrison
Jeff L, Public Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We agree. We think the Landmark Resort is a pretty special place year round. With kids or without. Winter offers a variety of silent sports - when the weather allows. The resort was recently named the "Best of Door County." Door County Magazine annually surveys readers. The categories change each year. Of the 20 categories published in 2013, the resort and our on-site restaurant (Carrington Pub & Grill) won all four categories in which we were eligible: Best Wedding Site, Best Banquet Facility, Best Place to Meet for Lunch, Best Place to Take a Date.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Landmark resort in Egg Harbor served our needs for a weekend getaway. The rooms have all the amenities you need if you want to cook there or play there. They have a decent fitness room and a pool. You can't beat the price. Yes, the decor may be a bit old but if you're going to Door County, who is staying in their room? I'd go back again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Everything at the Landmark Resort was wonderful. The rooms are small Condos with a fully stocked kitchen including wine glasses which is perfect for Door County Wine Country. The room was very clean and lacked nothing! The resort is set in the middle of the woods with trails. The fall colors make the room view incredible. The main lobby has games to borrow for children. The staff is friendly and very helpful. This is a GREAT place to stay for a family vacation or a quiet romantic get away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, Public Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Guest satisfaction is one of the key ways to measure how well our resort is performing. Not only does our staff want to record solid guest satisfaction scores, but it’s safe to say that everyone at the resort wants to satisfy our guests. It is one of the reasons for opening the door every day. Thank you for the positive review. We read and learn from each and every review.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Landmark. We found it to be adequate last time and decided to stay again. Honestly, for the price, you can't go wrong. A clean comfortable suite beats a hotel room any day. My husband and I stayed for two nights. Had no trouble with check in. Styed in the Navigator building. The suite was clean, a little worn but not too bad. Had a fully stocked kitchen complete with all necessary appliances. The view from our room was nothing great but we weren't going to be spending much time in the room. The bedroom, as mentioned in previous reviews, was extremely tight with only enough room to walk around the bed and had no television in it. My husband did use the hot tub and enjoyed it. Location wise, you are not within walking distance of any shopping, restaurants, etc. except for the Landmark's Resort Restaurant - Carrington's. Overall - it was a fine stay, no complaints.

1  Thank happytraveler,46
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The trees were beautiful at the property. The room ok. Older decor and tube tvs. Bedrooms in room I was in did not have tvs. Friends' rooms did. Moldy smell in room throughout stay. Opened windows to try airing it out for a bit. Helped short term. Indoor whirlpool in building with room but pool is in different building across the way.

I will be back to area but not to this property.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The last time we were in Door County we stayed at the Landing in Egg Harbor. While there we were exploring and found the Landmark. We thought it looked very nice and said that if we come back we would like to stay there. Well we did go back the end of September. We booked online and indicated that we would stay 4 nights. We booked a water view and paid extra for it. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk went over a lot of details about the restaurant, work out room, pools etc. We drove to our building and as another person indicated, we went down some stairs to get to our room. We couldn't wait to go out on the patio area to see our water view. What we saw were trees. If one of us stood at the far right of the patio area we could see a little water. I called the front desk and told them about this. The lady told me that it said online that it was an AMTY (I don't remember the exact word she used) water view. She said that she checked the other buildings and there were no rooms available with our length of stay. She gave us a 10% discount and suggested we use at their onsite restaurant. I thanked her but was disappointed.

We enjoyed all the things we did but found that we missed our dogs and wanted to go home a day early. When we went to check out the lady at the desk told me that we were checked out already. That surprised us and I told her that we were not supposed to be checking out until the nest day, but we were going to be leaving a day early. Then she got another lady to come over and see what was going on. She was able to get the info and informed us that we would be charged a $75.00 early check out fee. I asked her why I would be charged this and she let me know that it was in our contract when we booked. I asked if there was any way that could be waived and she said no it is the owners policy. She did go on to say it could only be waived if we were leaving due to an emergency. When I asked if there was someone I could call about the situation, she gave me a phone number with a lady's name to call.

The following Monday I called the number I was given and asked for the lady. I was told that she would not be in until Tuesday. On Tuesday morning I called again and was told she didn't come in until 10:00am. I called again and explained my situation and asked if anything could be done. She asked me to hold while she checked with someone since she was a newer manager. I said okay. She came back on the line and informed me that it was the owners policy and that there was nothing she could do. She went on to let me know that she was emailing me a copy of the reservation so I could read the info myself. I realize that there are policies, fees, and rules. I guess I was just a bit disappointed that we finally had enough money to stay at the hotel we saw a while back with a water view but did not really have a water view and the customer service extended by the owners is a bit cold.

The reason I started this by bring up the Landing Hotel is because when we stayed there we came on a motorcycle. We were leaving the hotel to go to dinner and it was raining a little. The lady at the front desk called us over, reached in her purse and tried to hand us her car keys. She said that she knew we were on the motorcycle and offered us the use of her car so we wouldn't get wet. We could not believe her generosity. We let her know that we were just going down the street and would be okay. We could not thank her enough. The Landmark may be a beautiful hotel in a great area, but the Landing far exceeded it in the customer care and the service they offer. I guess the owners at the Landmark do a great job promoting their water view and reenforcing their policies.

I suppose if I really wanted the $75.00 fee back,I could have lied to the lady on the phone and said that we had an emergency. However I have too much integrity to do that. I'm sure in these economic times the owners of the Landmark need it more than me. Next visit we will be staying at the Landing. The hospitality was outstanding and the water view is just a walk up the street at the local park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Ephraim
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Landmark Resort? Share your experiences!