“GREAT CHICKEN”

Lake House Inn
Ranked #23 of 31 Restaurants in Edgerton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Okay, I admit it. I am very picky about my chicken and the way it is made. The broasted chicken at the Lake House Inn, a little out of the way place in Edgerton, Wisconsin was fabulous! I will be dreaming about (and craving) this chicken for a long time!

1  Thank Charchar55

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our family loved this gem of a restaurant. I am a vegan, so there was nothing I could really eat, except for a salad, but that was fine. My family loved this place and said the fresh fish was terrific!

2  Thank DroolieK
Reviewed September 24, 2013

me and my family just love this place yea it is a little old but it is family run I love to have one of there old fashions we have had the Friday night fish fry the yummy prime rib all ways a great dinner will be going back for many years to come it is a true wis supper club

3  Thank 660justin
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Slow service and the food is average for the price. The building is interesting - especially when you know the history but it is a bit out of the way. I can think of better places to go in the area.

2  Thank pa490
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A restaurant in an 1870's hotel. The building is run down and it appears the owner either lacks the funds to repair/ fix it up or doesn't care. Walk in to a dark, cheap paneled bar. The bar doesn't have enough stools to fill the bar so you may have to stand. The chairs that are there are a collection of different types. The mens bathroom had door hinges holding the panels that go between the urinals. The panels would sway as you stood there doing your business. Looking at the bar I knew we were in for a poor night when I saw beer being sold by the can. Decided to order an Old Fashion. I think I should of had the canned beer. Tasted of sugar and seven up. Couldn't taste any brandy. The owner walked by several times. Never stopped to say hi or introduce himself. Middle of August and he was wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt and jeans. On to the food. Daughter had grilled cheese. Can't mess that up can you. Well they dd here. On one side the sandwich was burnt and untoasted, the other side was ok. Wife, son and I all had prime rib. The meat was of such poor quality that when the cut the serving size the meat didn't stay in the shape of prime rib. There was so much fat that the meat/fat combination caused the piece to curl up out of shape.The pieces were supposed to be medium rare but they came our with no pink in them whatsoever. Kids ordered potato skins for a appetizer. They came out as just pieces of potatos fried. If you wanted cheese and bacon on the skins you had the order the "Loaded" skins for $3.00 extra. I don't mind the money but why try and trick people into that. Who has heard of potato skins without cheese or bacon. The soups were canned. The table did come with the standard Wisconsin Supper Club relish tray. I thought this was going to be a classic Supper Club when we started out for this place. I so wanted to like this place but there was really nothing to like. Sadly I doubt I will ever visit again.

2  Thank jim j

Been to Lake House Inn? Share your experiences!