“Aesthetically average, realistically subpar” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Janesville

Comfort Inn Janesville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edgerton
Wisconsin
“Aesthetically average, realistically subpar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

After arriving to the hotel and parking out front, I made several trips between my vehicle and room to download our vehicle. Not once during this time of coming in and out of the front door did I see a hotel employee. Much later I saw a woman standing at the front desk waiting for several minutes before an employee emerged from the office behind the desk. That was the only time I saw an employee until the cleaning crew came through the rooms. The pool was fun for my children and seemed pretty safe and my father-in-law enjoyed the hot tub. The breakfast bar at any other hotel doesn't normally stop until 9:30 or 10. It just makes sense especially considering that check out isn't until 11. Not this hotel, the breakfast bar closed at 9. That isn't a huge diference, and we understood it was our fault for not realizing. But, when we walked into the dining area, the employee putting the food away quickly and rudely expressed that breakfast was over. We asked if we could just grab some milk and muffins for our six year old and two year old daughters. She actually huffed when she agreed to it. She didn't stop for 30 seconds and say grab what you want before I put it away. As soon as we got a cup of milk she went straight to locking it up as if to make a point. She huffed again when she retrieved a couple of styrofoam plates from the cabinets for our girls. I called the front desk after returning to my room, and was told there was no manager on duty. Someone has to be in charge and a manger should be available to deal with guest issues. I am in the military and travel very often. I normally stay in Holiday Inns, because it is familiar or Hilton because of their excellence in service. I only stayed at this hotel because my in-laws booked it. That said, I would recommend people NOT stay here, regardless of the convenience due to the employees lack of consideration to the guests. I simply hate giving my money to people who are rude and don't care to have a bit of courtesy. As a note, the housekeeping staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank phils4410

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Benson, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I asked for allergen information on their breakfast items and was directed to speak to the manager. The manager, Patrick, informed me that Choice Hotels had decided that it was the customers responsibility to know what they could and could not eat... that if I was allergic to milk products I shouldn't drink milk. I attempted to explain to him that it wasn't that easy and he replied by saying "I've had this same argument with about 3 customers every week... if some bread has milk in it you should bring your own bread... have you ever stayed at a hotel before!!?" When I asked for a number to file a complaint he gave me the reservation number and said with a smile that all complaints just come back to him anyways. He also said several other mean/rude things when I told him I didn't think he actually cared about what I was trying to talk to him about. He said "If I didn't care I wouldn't be listening to you right now." I filed a complaint (after getting the complaint # from the reservation person) and was told that Choice Hotels cares about customer service and that I would get a response back within 72 hrs. As I was checking out, the Manager was apparently looking at the complaint on his computer screen and was visibly angry. He glared at me and said, "everything you say here is true... but let me ask you one thing, I am the rudest person you have ever dealt with?" I replied, "yes" he asked me the same thing again and I said "Yes". He then pointed to the door and said "Have a nice day!" very angrily. I felt as though I was being booted out of the hotel and retaliated against for filing a complaint. The only thing I ever heard back from Choice Hotels was an email from Patrick explaining how they were not required by law to provide allergen information. That is not what my complaint was about it was about how I was treated by him. I am highly disappointed that this was the only response I received. I will never stay at that hotel again and hope no one else is treated the way I was. He has supposedly been the manager there for 18 years?!?!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank 1234567_12_11

Travelers are raving about these Edgerton hotels

St. Paul, Minnel, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

We made a quick stop here on our way from Minnesota to Tennessee, and checked in at 1AM. We had two adjoining rooms and a crying baby. According to my family in the next room, they could not hear the baby crying in my room, which was a relief. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The exercise room was being remodeled while we were there and I didn't take a look to see what it looked like. Breakfast was continental with a few hot choices as well-- eggs, sausage, and waffles (plain or strawberry!).
The lady tending to the breakfast area (Sue) was an absolute gem! Whether someone had a stuck waffle or spilled juice, she took care of everyone in the room and was so very friendly!
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PJSandFamily
Fremont, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Room was clean and the Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was adiquate but could use a little help. There are not too many restaurants arount this place but we went down the road about 1/4 mile to the Anchor inn. The food was good and the view of the river was very nice. This place is just out of Edgerton on the Interstate . We paid nothing as we had a free room with this chain. Overall I would recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bmski
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Room was clean. TV had a boat load of channels. When AC was off, fan stayed on for good background noise. Downside, no elevator. This was a 10 day trip for me and the suitcase was a little heavy. Breakfast was pretty sparse. Would stay there again though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mikeandwife91
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stayed here on our way to Minnesota from Ohio. Hotel was clean & quiet. My husband & kids used the pool & it was large for this type of hotel. The only thing odd was that it seemed as if the carpet in our room was damp. I didn't notice until i was getting ready for bed. By morning it didn't seem that way. I don't know if they had just cleaned it or what, but it was strange. Over all our stay was fine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tydanc
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

The rooms were clean, The staff was great, The rooms were clean and very quiet. The have an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Will stay here again for sure. It was 70.00 per night

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank qcdriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgerton
Hampton Inn Janesville
#7 of 9 in Janesville
Super 8 Janesville
Super 8 Janesville
#5 of 9 in Janesville

Been to Comfort Inn Janesville? Share your experiences!