“Poor quality Food”

Ranked #14 of 242 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Have been to the Green Mill a few times & have never been impressed.
The first thing I noticed is how big the menu is - a dead give away that they specialize in nothing.
We ordered a chicken appetizer. It tasted like it had been sitting for a week(Very chewy). My husband asked the waiter about their Gyro, if ithey actually used real Gryro meat not the steakum stuff you get in the store otherwise he would prefer a burger. The waiter stated that their Gyro's were the true thing. Well needless to say the waiter didnt know what he was talking about & it was indeed the crap that taste like steakums . Mine was no better. I ordered the Butternut Squash Ravioli with Asparagus. It was frozen ravioli's that wasn't cooked all the way through presented with the crap ends of frozen asparagus. We had the manager over that insisted everthing was made fresh & Green Mill never uses the bad ends of the asparagus only the tops. He couldn't believe the cooks did that. Manager wanted us to come back & would give us a discount......I don't think so.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

I've had lunch here a few times and dinner once. Food is generally good, not sure they know how to cook a steak but then it is a pizza place.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

It was one of the worst restraunt experinces i ever had. The server did not bring my kids drink untill i asked 3 time the appatizer came about 30 min after the pizza. I saked to speak to the manager and she told me they were busy.I will never go there agin

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We ate there for a grooms dinner the night before a wedding and the pizza was very good. My kids love Godfathers and they said this pizza is better. That's a pretty good review. Service was excellent.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

This restaurant is outstanding. The service is good, the food is exceptional, the prices are pretty reasonable, and it's inside of a Holiday Inn so it's very convenient for travelers.. Now most Holiday Inn restaurants are good but this was like no other. It has a very laid back atmosphere and a nice bar area if your into that sort of thing. My colleges and I shared some beefy nacho things which had a wonderful zesty flavor and I myself had a great burger. There menu selection is huge and includes everything from burgers to pizza to pasta. A definite gem!