“Bar Scene Better”

Ranked #13 of 238 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Bar scene is better than straight food service. Service for the breakfast buffet was not great. Server made multiple attempts to clear dishes too early and coffee refills weren't frequent.

Eric H, General Manager at Green Mill Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Denise-thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent experience with us. It was disappointing to read your comments in regards to the service you received. We take pride in being attentive and efficient and it sounds like we dropped the ball on your visit. For that I am truly sorry. I would sincerely ask that you try us again for breakfast (or anytime) and ask for me or one of my managers. We very much value you as our guest and would like the chance to meet you and make things right! Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Met a friend after work for happy hour and stayed for dinner. Excellent service and good food. We ate in the lounge but it was very comfortable. Enjoyed the gluten free bun options. Server was very attentive.

Thank you so much for the positive comments about the food and also the service you received! The happy hour is definitely a good time to be here. Also, thank you for your comments on the gluten free option, we have many other gluten free options available. Ask for me next time you are in!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were traveling and saw that this restaurant was attached to the Clarion Hotel. We didn't want fast food, so decided to try it. No cars outside, so we were a little worried. It turned out to be a lovely restaurant/pub with a fantastic breakfast. Great coffee, too. Pricier than we expected, but worth it.

Thank you for the positive feedback! We very much appreciate your business and your comments. Hopefully you visit us again on your next visit through Eau Claire!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Excellent staff, along with great food. A group of 7 (including a 2 yr old) we all shared a bit of everything. Pizza is decent, appetizer nachos excellent. Wings were the best wings I've had.
The only issue I had was, my 2 year is potty trained, but also drank juice, so within our visit had to use the restroom 4+ times. We used the women's restroom, and the large stall was a disaster the entire time, so we had to squeeze into a smaller one. They were all very disgusting and made me cringe, taking my 2 year old into them. The water is 'automatic' never turned on.
Come to eat, avoid restrooms. You'll be good to go.

Eric H, General Manager at Green Mill Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you so much for the great comments on our staff and the quality of food you received! It means a lot to us when someone goes out of their way to give feedback, good or otherwise. As far as the restroom you were in there is no excuse that it was not maintained properly during your experience. We take cleanliness of our restrooms very seriously and during your meal with us it sounds like that wasn't the case. Please accept my sincere apology. I would like the chance to make it right with you on your next visit so please say hello!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The best thing the Green Mill has going for it is its servers and hosting staff, who were friendly and tried to be helpful. We have been staying at the Clarion since before it was the Clarion on our way up and back from Canada every summer, always eating at the Green Mill. During the last couple of years, we have found the meals have been not been up to par compared to our previous experiences. This year I ordered a soup with my meal and on two separate occasions, the soup was unavailable, unbeknownst to the server...once, because it had been burned in the pot and they did not have any more to replace it with! Service is very slow...and the meals are very mediocre...if you stick with basic pub food ~ sandwiches and burgers, you will fare better. The clam chowder is terrible, very thick like a paste ~ not a soup! We have decided that since this was our third unpleasant experience at the Green Mill, we would discontinue patronizing this restaurant in Eau Claire and find another on our vacation. It also advertises "Chicago Style Pizza". If you want Chicago Style Pizza, come to Chicago. Green Mill doesn't make it.

Eric H, General Manager at Green Mill Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in about your experiences at the restaurant and the nice things you said about our staff! I am truly sorry to hear about anything you haven't loved about the food on your more recent visits. We have implemented some great menu changes in the last few months as we do more than once a year based on feedback we receive from our Guests. Combine that with some great leadership upgrades I feel our service and overall quality is going in the right direction. Thanks again for speaking up, I would love to meet you on your next visit through town and make sure your next experience with us is a memorable one!