“Good food and good service”

Green Mill Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 231 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

When we rolled into Eau Claire, checked into our hotel, settled in, it was late. So we decided to eat the hotel restaurant, the Green Mill. They have a lot of choices to eat, but I had my heart set on deep dish pizza. I ordered the Il Primo Pizza deep dish. I really enjoyed it. My wife ordered the walleye and that was really good too. The waiter we had did very good job. He was pleasant and prompt with service. Good experience and highly recommended!

Visited March 2014

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at this location many times and inconsistency is their problem. In general, their food is 4 stars, although I do miss their waffle fries... service is where I find most of their problems occur. I've encountered combative servers, servers that only come twice after the order is placed and also some of the best service I've ever encountered in a restaurant. Usually I receive the bad service though. Restaurant is generally clean and looks nice on the inside. The bar is very appealing and their holiday buffets are usually quite good. As far as prices go, might be slightly more expensive than average, but the food itself is worth the price tag!

Wisconsin
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We like to go there for Happy Hour. They have 1/2 price appetizers and good drink specials as well. The appetizer menu has a good selection and we like to order a couple of them and make that our meal. It is a good place to go and hang out or watch a sporting event.

• Visited March 2014
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Absolute horrid experience!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I give this a one star rating since there is not an option for no stars. Our large family dined there last night for my mother's birthday. In attendance, there were 4 generations of family members.

Our server was very new, only on his 2nd night and he had no supervision! I ordered steak medium and it came very close to well. 2 family members ordered burgers and they were served heavily charred, almost to the point of being burned! My daughter ordered her favorite cookie and had to ask 5 times for this! We had to repeatedly ask for our drinks. The 2 worst issues was that we were there on my mother's birthday and it was barely acknowledged! Any other restaurant makes some sort of a deal out of a birthday! Even she was disappointed.

When it finally came to getting our checks, the waiter had absolute no clue what was going on. As we had split payments, he finally threw down the receipts and cards in front of me and I had to assign them out. We had 3 seperate payments for the party. Imagine our surprise when we found out that 1 out of the 3 payment types paid for the entire party when the other checks were already paid! This puts us out by close to 75 bucks until we confirm that the bank has gotten a reversal. Needless to say, we will never go back to this restaurant and were appalled by how our phone call tonight was addressed by Green Mill. We very much hope that the extra charge on our credit card will be lifted as they say....

• Visited March 2014
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Great service for a large group!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a larger group at one table. The waitress was helpful, patient while we all decided what to eat, helped us choose items to eat when we had questions, and was attentive. The food was delicious, hot, and looked great on the plates. It was just as we expected after reading the menu.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Green Mill Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!