“Good food but a little pricey”

Green Mill Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 234 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
MI
“Good food but a little pricey”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was within walking distance of our hotel. The food was delicious, the service was excellent. The place was packed but our waiter was awesome. I enjoy trying local micro-brews.
Aside from the cost, we were happy with our dinner.

Chicago, Illinois
“Conveniently attached to hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We pass through Eau Claire, Wisconsin every summer on our way home from Ontario, Canada. The last few years we have always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Craig Road which conveniently has the restaurant, The Green Mill, attached. As a whole, the food is good, the service is good, the drinks are good. The appetizers are small, which is appropriate because the entrees are large. There are several selections to choose from; steak, southwestern, Mexican, Italian and American. Dessert menu is small, they could have some more selections there. The Bloody Marys are pretty amazing. We have also eaten breakfast there and it was good tasting with much to choose from. Our server, Jackie, was very nice, friendly and professional.

Sanibel
“Sorry it wasn't better”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Passing thru Eau Claire and have been here before This time not so good I had chicken diablo flatbread and I surely would not bother. Drinks were good server was great The bar needed some help as it took a long time. My husband got a burger and he said it was ok. Probably will try a new place next time we pass thru Hopefully it will be better.

• Visited June 2013
“Good food, though expensive”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've eaten at this restaurant & have been pleased with the food both times. The 1st time I had the walleye & a few beers from a selection of Wisconsin breweries. This time I opted for a pasta dish with creamy garlic sauce, shrimp & lobster. Very good. Only downfall was when I was greeted and the waitress told me the special was the New York Strip steak that night. She mentioned it was 1/2 off. I thought, "Great, I love New York Strip steak". That is, until I looked at the menu & saw they normally charge $39.99 for this steak. I would expect that from a chop house or the like, but not from a Green Mill. Even at $19.99, I decided to pass.

Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good selection of healthier choices”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were in the Eau Claire Wisconsin area for a dog show and were looking for somewhere that had a good variety on the menu with healthy options too -- well, as healthy as eating out can be.

The menu selections were good and we had a spicy chicken salad that had a dressing on the side that offered lots of good heat. Also tried the filet medallions with mushrooms, asparagus and wild rice. Service was fantastic on the front end and got less attentive at the completion end. The food was great and we ate there a second time on this trip because of that.

If I'm in this area again, I would eat at this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013