“Used to love this place...not now”
Review of Stella Blues

Stella Blues
Ranked #30 of 238 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We used to eat here a lot when it first opened. From the craw fish bites to the yummy drinks and main dishes, it was a real treat...not now! First of all, one of the reasons I am writing a review is because of the constant HORRIBLE greeting you receive by the "hostess". I have heard that she is the sister of the owner or something (same woman it has been for years). She has NEVER been friendly, but over time she has now became RUDE! We came on a busy night and she laughed at us and said "Good luck getting a table". I have nothing for you. We said with hesitation..."okay????" She then said well if you want this cramped two top" which we took. The back cafeteria style dinning stinks! It was so loud, we couldn't even hold a conversation. The food was of cheap quality and the service was only so so. I just will not give my hard earned money to a place that would employee a greeter that is so incredibly rude, only to be served cheap food that isn't cajun at all. You will never see me or my money again. And...when people ask me, I will tell them why we quit coming to your establishment. Oh, by the way, I am not the only one that thinks the "hostess" is rude and inconsiderate, snide and condensending! Ask around, you will find out!

5  Thank AMBC77

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and i came here for the first time for his 40th Birthday:) We both started off with something from the bar, and were impressed with the wide selection of cocktails! The menu choices choices were also excellent. We both had Cajun food, which we love. Both entrees were amazing! I had the Cajun pasta with Andouille sausage and my husband had the Jambalaya. Both were made with very fresh ingredients.The servings were huge.....I brought some home for my lunch the next day. Will definitely come here again soon!

1  Thank maccharlie
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food here is excellent and has a strange New Orleans type flair - but it works. The fried pickes are really good. They have an amazing veggie burger - probably the best I have ever had. The Southern Fried Chicken is not your what you would expect but its pretty good. I am looking forward to going back there and am drooling just thinking about the food! It is also a bar so can get very noisy.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were on vacation, and one of our stops along the way was Eau Claire, WI. So glad we found Stella Blues as we wandered the lovely little downtown. The atmosphere was great, our waitress was very friendly, and the food was exceptional. Some of the best cajun food I've had, and huge portions. My husband had parmesean chicken, and it was equally delightful. I highly recommend this place vs. any of the chain restaurants around. I wish we had a Stella Blues where we live!

1  Thank retirednovember2010
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I visited Stella Blues many years ago when it just opened. That was not a very good experience. The person that sat us down was not very accommodating and not friendly. The food wasn't that good either. My family and I decided after so many years to give it a try. The service was great and the food was excellent. I have been back a couple of times now.