“not so good”

Mona Lisa's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mona Lisa's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“not so good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I've been to Mona's many times. Their food has always been average. I thought their wine list pretty good, until this last time we went. The wine pours are from $9.00 bottles at most and they are being sold for $30. If this is a wine bar, then at least get some decent wine by the glass. Mona has a monopoly on atmosphere, if only the food and wine matched the ambiance. We won't be returning.

St. Cloud, Minnesota
“Awesome Food and Great Drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was there in May 2007, so I don't remember the name of what I had to eat, but my pasta was awesome! My friend and I were in town to look at some antique shops and just get away for the weekend. We had heard about Mona Lisa's and thought we'd stop in. As it was a Saturday night, I'm surprised we got in and got such a great spot (in a little alcove at the window), but we did. The atmosphere is fun. It is brick inside with some fun paintings on the walls. My drink was great, my food was great, and the atmosphere was fun. All in all, I'd absolutely recommend going!

Springfield, Missouri
“Great selection for dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

Great Italian fare, the Italian Sausage with pasta was extremely good. Great location downtown and near the college.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Good Upscale Dining in Eau Claire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

Overall, I find Mona's a fun place to eat. While it is certainly not comparable to the upscale restaurants in Minneapolis or Chicago (Charlie Trotter's it is NOT), Mona's is a good fit for Eau Claire in terms of quality and price point. The food is generally quite good, and the wine list is solid. They could probably stand to mix up the menu occasionally and I would love to se more locally-sourced foods on the menu, but Mona's clearly fits a niche in Eau Claire and fits it well. I am surprised to see people complain about he service--I do not consider myself a regular and I have ALWAYS received excellent service there.

Eau Claire
“Whats All the Buzz About?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

There is absolutely nothing special about Mona Lisa's It is overrated when my Wife and I had dinner the service is poor and this isn't our first time there! I wanted to give it one last chance hoping they had gotten it together but I don't think they ever will. I highly reccomend looking elsewhere for a nice dinner.

3 Thank William79

Been to Mona Lisa's Restaurant? Share your experiences!