“Awesome Food and Great Drinks!”

Mona Lisa's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 248 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was there in May 2007, so I don't remember the name of what I had to eat, but my pasta was awesome! My friend and I were in town to look at some antique shops and just get away for the weekend. We had heard about Mona Lisa's and thought we'd stop in. As it was a Saturday night, I'm surprised we got in and got such a great spot (in a little alcove at the window), but we did. The atmosphere is fun. It is brick inside with some fun paintings on the walls. My drink was great, my food was great, and the atmosphere was fun. All in all, I'd absolutely recommend going!

Reviewed October 30, 2009

Great Italian fare, the Italian Sausage with pasta was extremely good. Great location downtown and near the college.

Reviewed August 29, 2009

Overall, I find Mona's a fun place to eat. While it is certainly not comparable to the upscale restaurants in Minneapolis or Chicago (Charlie Trotter's it is NOT), Mona's is a good fit for Eau Claire in terms of quality and price point. The food is generally quite good, and the wine list is solid. They could probably stand to mix up the menu occasionally and I would love to se more locally-sourced foods on the menu, but Mona's clearly fits a niche in Eau Claire and fits it well. I am surprised to see people complain about he service--I do not consider myself a regular and I have ALWAYS received excellent service there.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

There is absolutely nothing special about Mona Lisa's It is overrated when my Wife and I had dinner the service is poor and this isn't our first time there! I wanted to give it one last chance hoping they had gotten it together but I don't think they ever will. I highly reccomend looking elsewhere for a nice dinner.

3  Thank William79
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I love how someone points out that ML is always full of the "who's who" in Eau Claire. Thatw ould have to be my only complaint about the restaurant overall. You tend to notice that the regulars get better, more personalized service and I wouldn't exactly call Eau Claire, WI the socialite capital of the world. It can tend to be a little snobby and superficial, but the food is amazing which is the overall reason I go. One complaint is that if you have leftovers, you won't notice as you're eating it at the restaurant but when you reheat it at home, there is a lot of oil used.

The lighting is very nice, the tables are a little too small but it is after all a small restaurant and they are trying to make the most of their space. I like how on their menu they have a list of the other businesses that have been in that particular building.

2  Thank Bobbie B

Been to Mona Lisa's Restaurant? Share your experiences!