“My Favorite in Eau Claire”

Mona Lisa's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 237 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best food in town. Excellent wine selection and delicious food. The Calamari is a given every time I go....it's the best I've had anywhere. Great ambiance in an old building on Water Street. Go early and sip some wine on the couch with friends while waiting for your seat. No reservations, so it's usually a short wait. Meals are $18-$30 and worth every penny.

We have tried to order something that sounds terrible only to be surprised again. Highly recommend her Goat cheese & Garlic appetizer, seafood entre and beet salad. Try to order something different or outside your comfort level.....you may be surprised : )

1  Thank tedannis

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I thought I'd try Mona Lisa based on the great reviews but I was hugely disappointed. I was in the mood for either gnocchi or risotto but they only had one kind of each and both were chicken dishes, which is not what I want with either of those dishes. I went ahead and had the gnocchi and really disliked it. The gnocchi themselves were more like soft croutons than pasta. I have never had any gnocchi like them and I hope I never do again. The sauce had no flavor. Tons of roast chicken, which I moved off to the side. Mushrooms that I originally thought were chicken skin. Overall, very unappealing. I know everyone else seems to like this place, but I won't be going back.

3  Thank 730jane
Reviewed July 3, 2014

NIce atmosphere. Good wine list. Interesting appetizers. Pizza was not the best I've had, but I'd definitely go back and give some other entree a shot.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

After an hour and a half wait to get seated on my birthday, a was treated to another hour long wait to get a very skimpy entree. Server had too many tables and barely stopped by. It was almost impossible to get my drink refilled. Not a great time

3  Thank dhkdjfghadkjgh
Reviewed June 25, 2014

In the last couple years I have had the privilege to eat at some best Italian restaurants in Chicago,Los Angeles, San Francisco,Los Vegas,etc... So far I have never encountered a meal that even compares to Mona's tortellini Rockefeller! Hands down this single dish has made Mona's the standard in Italian cuisine! The staff is always friendly,professional,and always well groomed...The setting is warm and inviting yet chic enough to know your about to experience something unique. I've wait several months to write this review not knowing what to say,yet it could have easily wrote in two words. 'The standard'

Been to Mona Lisa's Restaurant? Share your experiences!