“Great atmosphere, food, and wine”

Mona Lisa's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 238 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Great selection in entrees. They do well with pasta dishes and meat entrees. Wine list is very nice, definitely the best list in Eau Claire. Atmosphere is great, energetic for a nice restaurant

Reviewed April 20, 2011

After this last visit to Mona's, I have to say I'll NEVER be back again. I went here for a post-event celebration and dinner with a group of 7 people. An out-of-state friend in my party was kind enough to give me a bottle of wine as a gift, so I brought it along to dinner (expecting a small "corking" fee). We ordered entrees, appetizers, cocktails, and dessert. The server (who was on the slow side, and not that friendly) finally got around to opening our wine and pouring it, and we were chewing on not particularly fresh bread for quite a while waiting for our entrees (those turned out okay, not anything special...particularly for the price).

Suddenly, the manager of the restaurant walks up to our table and loudly berates us (in front of other customers) for bringing in the wine bottle, saying it was illegal, and she would have to charge us a pouring fee (which I fully expected in the first place). What would you guess the amount was that was added to our bill? $5? $10? Nope...try $25!!!

Yes, the menu has a wide variety of stuff. There are certainly better options for the price both in and out of town you should consider before going to Mona's. Some of the food is good, but a lot of the entrees suffer from having one too many ingredients thrown in the mix, if that makes any sense.

After this experience, all of us at the table (you pissed off 5 UWEC professors who frequent that restaurant pretty often, by the way) vowed never to eat here again. We will tell our colleagues about this experience, and encourage them to "wine and dine" out of town guests elsewhere. You turned an otherwise very happy occasion into a truly unpleasant ending - Congratulations!

6  Thank terminaldegree07
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Perfect wine and excellent food. My husband and I split our order and it was more than enough to eat because the portion sizes are so generous. The atmosphere is a combination of elegance and comfort with big comfy sofas while you drink your wine and wait for your table.

Reviewed December 8, 2010

Mona Lisa's is my favorite restaurant in Eau Claire. The menu is fresh and updated regularly. Each time I try and get something new and have never been disappointed. If you ever have the chance to try the bread pudding, do not pass on it. I often stop in with business associates and it is just a nice relaxing place to unwind and enjoy good food and tasty beverages. The huge fireplace adds to the special atmosphere especially in those cold winter months. The last couple summers they have had wine tastings on Tuesday as well. I will be back to Eau Claire in a month and Mona's will be on the list again. I have a had many memorable meals thanks to Lisa and crew.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

I've been to Mona's many times. Their food has always been average. I thought their wine list pretty good, until this last time we went. The wine pours are from $9.00 bottles at most and they are being sold for $30. If this is a wine bar, then at least get some decent wine by the glass. Mona has a monopoly on atmosphere, if only the food and wine matched the ambiance. We won't be returning.

Been to Mona Lisa's Restaurant? Share your experiences!