“Good food but high prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Houligan's Steak & Seafood Pub

Houligan's Steak & Seafood Pub
Ranked #9 of 229 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Good food but high prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

There are better places to go for fine dining but we did have a good meal and excellent service here. The steaks were all delicious. Cheese curd appetizer was nothing special. The beer and wine selection is quite good. The base prices for a meal are high enough that it seems like overkill to also charge you for salad and other add-ons.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelswithDave

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Yum! We will go back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The food was great. They used a lot of locally sourced items. The service was quite good. We split everything and since they knew that, they split the cup of soup into 2 half cups. Not necessary but a nice touch. We will be going back. The lobster bake was fabulous!

• Visited September 2013
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Showed up for dinner. (Yeah it was a long drive) As soon as I set down I had someone there to help me. They were able to answer all my questions. They even got me samples from the kitchen to try. In the end I decided on prosciutto crusted ribeye. It wasn't on the menu but they were happy to work with me. The steak was very good. The service was great. If I ever find myself in Eau Claire again I know where I will be having dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Eau Claire
“Unexpected greatness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

As the title says, I've driven past this place for years and always thought that it was just your average bar. The front entrance just doesn't say "high quality food inside" more of a "another bar with tv's" style in my and others opinions. But once you get past the entrance, you are greeted by a very nice interior that prompts a relaxed and social environment.
The food, in a word, was "excellent". My wife had the Bluegill fish and I had the New York Strip steak with Candied Garlic sauce. It is rare that you get bluegill and theirs was prepared perfectly, good color and very flakey. The steak was also very good and the sauce made it doubly so, it was perfectly cooked to medium rare, and the potatos and actual seasonal veg were good sides.
We will definately be back, though probably with reservations if it is a busy night.

• Visited June 2013
East Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went on a Friday night, so it was crowded. Make reservations if you wish to go there. The beef filet was delicious and cooked to perfection. Enjoyed the bustling atmosphere.

Visited May 2013