“Excellent food & service!!”

Houligan's Steak & Seafood Pub
Ranked #9 of 236 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our first visit & we were very impressed. My husband ordered the steak & he said it was best he had ever had. I had the salmon & it was excellent. The waitress offered superb service. She was very informative about the menu and a friendly personality. I really liked their house salad as it offered much more then the traditional lettuce with a tomato like other restaurants. It is a bit pricy but you get what you pay for!!! We will be going back.

1  Thank Paddipooh
There are newer reviews for Houligan's Steak & Seafood Pub

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place was so much better under the prior ownership. The current attempt to make this into a high class steak restaurant has failed miserably. This used to be such a great place with amazing cheese curd that were a close second to the best ever at the Commerede. This is no different than an Applebees or a TGI Fridays now. Just keep on driving.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

For my birthday I wanted steak but wasn't sure where to get it, since Sweetwaters closed down a while ago and that was my go-to place. So we tried Houligans on a whim and YUM! I am sad that I have lived in Eau Claire for 6 years and hadn't eaten here sooner! I now want to eat here all the time, but can't get out with a cheap bill so I'm trying to restrain myself. You could get less expensive food, but that's not what I want! I like the lobster bake for an appetizer and the proscuitto filet with gorgonzola is AMAZING. With an appetizer, the 3 oz is enough for me. The proscuitto is like the best bacon bits you've had in your life. I wouldn't mind if the gorgonzola was less cheese sauce and more pungent like bleu cheese, but it's good. I also enjoy that they always provide a vegetable with the meal (usually green beans almondine when I've been there). For my birthday I went all out and got a ribeye with the caramelized garlic sauce and practically drooled while eating it. If you want steak, this is the place to go. Also, I recently went to Red Lobster because others wanted to go and I found myself thinking I'd much rather than Houligan's lobster bake than anything at Red Lobster! I have to add that the beer list is actually my favorite in town (even over the Firehouse). Lindeman's Framboise, which I've never seen on tap, is one awesome option. They tend to have good dark beers when I've been there (Southern Tier Mokah) as well as some good IPAs. Plus, the house salad is great. Man I need to quit writing about this because it's making me too hungry! The service has always been excellent when I've been there and I also found that if they overestimate the wait time. My only issue is the mediocre, old supper club-ish atmosphere but I can deal with it.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

You can always count on a good steak here. We've been coming here for years. There's been one or two times over all those years where the food wasn't what we expected, but it's rare.

I really like getting their 3 oz fillet. You can indulge in an appetizer and a great salad and not be overwhelmed with food. It's ideal for a smaller appetite. They also have a bigger fillet. They also have some specialty steaks with glazes, sauces and additions like mushrooms.

They do have seafood, chicken and pasta, but when we go we usually get steak.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good steaks and sandwhiches. I have been there a few times for both business and personal. They have a seafood dip appetizer that is amazing. The have a special candied garlic sauce that comes with there steaks but I ask for it on the side of whatever I order. The Buffalo Chicken sandwhich with sweet potato fries is really good if you are looking for something less expensive. If you but an entree of specialty expect to pay $15-$30, only the sandwhiches are around the $10. They are usually very busy so plan to wait or make a reservation during dinner rush hour.