“Nicest Rodeway Inn”

Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Willmar, Minnesota
“Nicest Rodeway Inn”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is the best Rodeway Inn in the Upper Midwest. The Staff were great. They asked if I wanted a ground floor or 2nd floor room. I said ground floor as long as no one is above me. They gave me a room on ground floor away from everyone, so it was very quiet. The room was above average. Everything was working and clean. They offered a good selection for breakfast. Plus the large indoor pool is long enough to do laps. It was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jay W, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
The Rodeway Inn staff along with my self were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay we look forward to your next stay with us.
Jay Weiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dryden, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times over the years, it has been in decline. Saturday November 16th was my final stay. The main light switch did not work, fine no problem, just thought the lamp that is controls was probably shut off, went to the lamp and found the switching mechanism was broken and not working. The maid did not report this? Went to turn down the heat, the control was so old and worn it was difficult to read, did not want to go the wrong way, so just shut it off. I was tired and did not bother to get the desk person involved, just told him on the way out. Lots of good motels around, no need to bother with this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Sept. 6th and did not encounter any problems. The hotel is located by a lot of amenities.Staff was very friendly, room was clean. May have been a little outdated, but looked like they were trying to update. the room was a nice size, wasn't expecting that for the price we payed. We checked in without any problems, took a few minutes and then went to the pool. The next morning had the breakfast and it wasn't bad ~ had a variety of cereal, toast, yogurt, bagels, mini muffins~ the normal stuff. They don't advertise to be a luxury hotel, you get a clean room for a good price and we have stayed before without any issues. The staff is very nice and try to accomodate people. I don't know, we have enjoyed our stays here and will continue to use it in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our stay. The room was big, the bed was comfortable and unlike others reviews our room was very clean. The service and location were great. The price was just what i was looking for as well.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tim S
Cottage Grove
Reviewed August 11, 2013

TU July 30, 2013 .... Checked in at approximately 3:30 PM, after experiencing some difficulty locating the entrance to the property & reception entrance. Check in desk was a small counter area and personnel was pleasant. Was assigned to Rm #117, ... a room at an end of the building which was along side a busy street & intersection, and encroached into the parking lot (Perhaps was a past addition to that wing of the hotel).
The keyed entrance closest to our room was inoperative for room key use, so we had to use a door further down the building. Inside that door we were met by a large box in the inside hallway with trash filling it ( It was still there the following morning). The room AC was positioned under a window in such a way that the curtains blocked the air flow from the AC blower & we listened to dripping all the while it ran. We found a wash cloth (clean??) under one of the pillows between the sheets. The whirlpool tub was nice, but oversized !! ... think 4 people could fit in it (The bottom had no safety strips on the either, so it was extremely slippery)! The bathroom was kind of funky, with a hair dryer stuck way up the wall in an "attempt" to cover a previous wall cavity, and, ... the shower was an aqua blue acrylic with clam shells protruding from the inside walls at different levels ?? The room door casing at the lock areas, was damaged and an attempt to repair (with several screws and nails) had been made, ... however, the security clamp would not hold if anyone were to try and break in ... Which may have been the reason for damage in the first place. Continental breakfast was nothing exciting & was very, very basic. Check out was simple & uneventful. About the best thing I could say about this Rodeway Inn is that the price ($73) was the reason for the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ttetzloff
Reviewed June 29, 2013

All I can say is to drive by this hotel. It was dirty and smelled. I walked in and first thing I noticed was the odor. Then I noticed how dirty it was. I asked if they had a different room, which I got, but it was no better, I didn't even want to hang my clothes in the closet, because I was afraid they might take on the smell,so I left. Really gross place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We choose this hotel because my husband was in town here on business & my children had been missing their father so decided to take a week & visit him & this was the only hotel that I found out of 12 that charged a weekly rate. I had high hopes since my husband drove by before we got into town ppp(PP p& said it looked pretty nice...boy was he wrong! Check in time took almost 30 minutes, which was partly my fault that I didn't book ahead, the gentleman working the front desk acted like he knew nothing of the weekly rate so after 30 minutes of him looking through his computer we finally were given our keys. The very 1st thing we noticed was that the room stunk horribly like old, stale urine. I was far too tired to do anything about it so instead I grabbed a couple air fresheners from my car & thought I could try & cover the stench up until the morning when I could clean up with disinfectant & bleach but instead was greeted with a nasty surprise in the bathroom. The toilet has pee sprinkles on the seat as well as the floor around the toilet, also the floor was sticky. Refusing to live in that for a week I went to the front desk explained the situation & was given a new room immediately. The new room was not any better, the bedroom didn't smell but the bathroom had the same urine smell that the room prior had but at least there was no visible urine spots on the floor. I figured I would just have to deal with it & that no other room was going to be better so the next morning I just bought some cleaning supplies & scrubbed the heck out if everything in the bathroom. The next morning that smell was just as strong as ever. Walking down to the end of the hallway on the second floor you get the same stench. And to add to our lovely experience my husband found a used condom behind our childrens bed. You would think after the pee on the floor they would try to upgrade us or something, but of course not & nothing was said with the condom issue, not even a apology. What gets me is that this place had the audacity to charge a $100 deposit if you pay cash, I should of charged them a deposit for my childrens health safety. I am disgusted that this hotel wouldn't even offer a partial refund or offer free nights after what we experienced. Instead when we checked out & they did there little inspection they had the gall to question if we smoked in the room, not because they smelt it but because of Ashes they said they seen in the bathroom. I did wash my husbands truck ashtray out along with his center consol thingy & when I said that the lady looked at me with a ridiculous look like I was lying & questioned of they should charge us a smoking fee. They didn't but given the nastiness we experienced I couldn't believe she even considered this even tho there was no smell. If they would of at least tried to resolve the condom issue maybe I would consider returning, but not going to happen, & my husband does allot of business in this area, they would of made a nice chunk of change off of us. I will say the pool was nice, no hot tub & the vending machine wasn't refilled the entire week we were there, & the only ice machines are located in the first floor. Two thumbs down!

• Stayed June 2013