“Clean Hotel right off I-29”

Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean Hotel right off I-29”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It is right off I-29 and has attached to it a bar, restaurant, convenience store that sells alcohol, some clothes and shoes, meats and cheeses, with a little deli, and a gas station. Once you get here, you can stay.

Our room also had a refrigerator, which was nice. The room was clean, as were the sheets. It isn't fancy, but it is a nice place to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Minneapolis_MNLegs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here for one night because of a wedding in the area. nice clean room. only complaint was drapes did not shut all the way and a good amount of light came into the room in the morning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rusty0707
St. George, Utah
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Very clean and well maintained hotel. I saw the staff vacuuming the fire stairs, and cleaning the ice makers. There is a service station, restaurant, bar, and convenience store in the same building. There is a large indoor pool and whirlpool/hot tub. The fitness room has a recumbent bike, elliptical trainer, and treadmill.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BowlingGrandma2
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn several times over the years and have never had any problems. The room and common areas were clean, the refrigerator and micro in the room are a nice addition. The info said we had free WIFI in the rooms, but I couldn't connect (I didn't try very hard to fix the situation, so it wasn't a big deal). The breakfast the next morning had plenty of room for everyone and a good variety of food, from yogurt to make-your-own waffles. Beds are comfortable. I like the ability to have the fan/air/heat run all night to block out sound, but their units shut off when they reach the desired temp. For the price and location, I would stay again. There are definitely worse hotels in the area!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank aprillyn
St. Paul MN
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for a friends wedding on June 10th, & whlie the wedding was fantastic, the room we stayed in was average at best. Our room could have been a little cleaner (we waited long enough for it to be ready) but we did not want to be late for the wedding. The refrigerator barely worked, but the freezer worked great. The shower did not have much water pressure, & luke warm water temperature. Beds were very uncomfortable. The hotel could really use a good remodeling also. When I come back to the area, I will definately stay somewhere much nicer

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank nspmoose
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We were attending a family wedding at this motel and there were serious problems with this motel. It looked good on the surface but there were ticks not fleas in 3 of the rooms. The bride and groom had left gift bags at the desk and the staff either didn't pass them along to the guest that were staying at their motel or couldn't give the specific named gifts to the correct people. At one point I had to make 5 trips to the desk to get them to fix my key to let me into my room - I went up and down so many times I felt like a yo-yo. The wedding cake arrived damaged and NO one called or told the bride to inform her. The mother of the bride saw the cake and asked the staff about it. Our bathroom had peeling paint above the shower and long black hair under the sink, behind the door and in the tub. The bridal suite had ticks in it -- nice give the bridal couple lyme's disease as a wedding present and the carpet was torn up by the jacuzzi. The motel is only 7 years old so why is this place such a mess?.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelingGirl734
Hudson
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We recently held a wedding reception at this property and while the staff was friendly enough, they had a difficult time maintaining our reservations on a block of rooms for our family. In addition, the rooms were not properly maintained. Two of the bridal party had fleas crawl across them in their rooms (including the bride), there was someone's hair floating across the bathroom floor when we checked in, and paint was peeling in our shower area.

Once while doing some e-mail in my room, the maid came in to make up the room. She asked me if I needed clean towels, and I suggested that when towels are in the tub, they should be replaced. She did not replenish the coffee, and as she walked out I asked her if she would make up my bed. Shapologizeded that she forgot.

The seemed to have issues with the key card readers in the doors going dead, requiring new keys. It was blamed on my cell phone. I think a fresh round of batteries is in order.

The hotel just needs normal cleaning, and it is not getting the day to day that is required.
With that said, again, the staff was very friendly. The wait staff at the bar and reception were first rate, and the food was very good banquet fare.

The hotel needs a deep cleaning, but other than that, minor issues.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family