BEST WESTERN PLUS Eau Claire Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
San Antonio, Texas
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel had comfortable rooms. I really liked the larger size of the bathroom. So many places have bathrooms where one can hardly move without falling into the tub or over the toilet. The beds were comfortable and the linens were clean and in good condition. The complimentary breakfast was ok. There was a lot of food choices but not the greatest quality. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We were on the first level and had to put up with noise from the people above us, which may be expected during the day but this was late into the night. Overall, this was a comfortable, safe place to stay. It is in a nice part of town near several restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Combined Locks, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great hotel for the money and friendly staff. Free continental breakfast with a variety of food items and plenty of them. Nice size pool for swimming. Staff was willing to answer questions and provide directions to restaurants in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Joan R
Minnetonka, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed twice at this hotel. It is quiet & the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit dated, but very comfortable. My recommendation would be to, if you get the king suite, is to add an ac/heating unit in the other room, The one in the bedroom doesn't quite cut when its extremely cold or hot outside, because if you close the door, the room either gets cold or hot because of no air circulation. Other, I really like the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The room was a pleasant surprise. We had a suite not sure if all the rooms are that way but would be nice for a family. I liked that it had a frig and microwave. The bar was closed b y 10 pm not sure it that was normal. The only issue we had was the first room we were given had not been cleaned from the day before but we stopped by at the front desk and were immediately given a new room. Staff was nice. The breakfast was really nice and was way better than a continental breakfast. Is nice if you are traveling with children as it is a real breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deb D
Minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nice enough looking rooms, but I'd never stay here again.

Family of five, we booked with a group, and called in advance to ask for two connecting rooms. They said they can't promise that until just before check-in, and suggested I call back the day before check-in. I did, and was assured we had connecting rooms. They also said that we would be on the same floor as the rest of our group, and that this would not be a problem even though we had a miniature poodle with us. I was pleasantly surprised, I didn't really expect to get all three: Pet friendly floor, connecting room, on the same floor as the rest of the team. I told them connecting was all I was really worried about - I'd board the dog elsewhere if needed, and being with the team was only a convenience.

At check-in I was told we did not get a connecting room and we were not with the rest of the team. My phone conversation was just smoke and hot air. Due to my daughters' needs this was a problem. The front desk (very pleasant) said there was nothing available. They said we could have the dog anywhere in the hotel, specifically mentioning the breakfast area, if we needed space to congregate due to not having rooms together.

First night, the toilet in one of the rooms clogged. No service person, just the nice girl at the front desk with a plunger. I did it myself.

Next morning, I was told, mid breakfast, that we couldn't have the dog in the breakfast area of the lobby. My wife told the staff that we had been told it was fine to bring the dog anywhere except the pool, specifically advising us to use these tables as common area to congregate. She was ignored. Not even an acknowledgement that she was speaking.

I return with the dog to the rooms to find sewage (brown bits and all) on the floor of the bathroom in the room that had problems last night. Front desk tells me there's no other room available and takes fifteen minutes to send someone up. He's the kitchen manager. "The maintenance guy was fired last night." Super-nice, helpful and friendly, he breaks out the bleach and mop and does his best. I'd really rather have a different room, but now that would be even farther away.

And that was just the first night. I hope the kitchen manager and the front desk girl can find another job because this place doesn't deserve them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Twin Cities, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family has stayed here about 6 times in the past couple years to visit relatives in Eau Claire and this hotel has become our preferred hotel. The rooms are quiet and comfortable in a clean and well-maintained hotel that has a nice pool area, small bar/lounge, and complimentary continental breakfast. It has been nearly 10 years of visits to Eau Claire and we have stayed in nearly every hotel and motel in town and settled on this one as our favorite--it is not the most inexpensive but we feel it has the best value--including the pool/fitness center, lounge, free breakfast, and free WiFi.

Rooms have pretty tradtional furnishings, LCD televisions, full bathroom with amenities, and reliable heat/AC, the decor is very neutral. We have tried a suite as well--same size as a standard double queen room but with a king bed closest to the window, full door/wall seperating the bedroom from the rest of the room, bathroom in the middle, bar sink with microwave/fridge, and full-size sofa-sleeper.

I'd like to give this property a full '5' but during a few stays we've had to wait for pool towels or found the desk staff smoking outside instead of ready to serve guests.

Room Tip: Second and third floors are quieter--prefer the south side near the stairs. (less noise from the el...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jessie G, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Eau Claire Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We are so pleased to hear your family has consistently have chosen the Best Western Plus Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites and have made our hotel your preferred place to stay. It’s great that you have enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. We apologize about the wait on the pool towels and staff members. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests and encourage all our staff members to have excellent customer service skills. We look forward to welcoming your family back for your next trip to Eau Claire.
Genesee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Average to sub-par the for $109/nt price I paid. Desk clerk required the photocopying of drivers license which was extremely odd, non-functioning heating/cooling, slow elevators, dark pool area due to many burned out lights and room completely void of any wall decoration made for an average stay at best.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Christopher E
Thank you for reviewing the Best Western Plus Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites. We are sorry to hear that you felt it was not a good value and that you found some problem areas in your guest room and other areas. We do our best to keep everything in working order. As for the wall decoration we have now installed all our new artwork in the rooms. We hope you come back to see our improvements in these areas.