“Great Customer Service”

Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife, our 8 month old, and I stayed here recently on our way from Chicago to NW Ontario. I must say when I booked I expected a cheap place that I would have to just get over the sleeziness and junk to just get a good nights rest. I was very surprised when we arrived. First off, the location is very convenientyly off of I94. The young man at the front desk, Dan, was beyond helpful and his customer service made this trip excellent! The room we were staying in was a King bed with a seperate sleeping area. The bed was comfortable and the living room area was very nice to have. The TVs in the rooms were updated flat screen tv's and the bathrooms were also clean and updated. The hot breakfast in the morning was perfect for a light breakfast before hitting the road. Waflles, Biscuits and Gravy, and the normal continental breakfast fare. The only comment I would make is that the crib that was provided was outdated and a little scary at first. I would suggest investing in a few pack and plays! I tried to book this place on our way home, but it didn't work out. Will definitely try and stay here on our yearly trips up north in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jessie G, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We are pleased to hear your family and you had a pleasant stay at the Best Western Plus Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites. Thank you for taking the time to share that you were satisfied with our hotel amenities and your guest room. We thank you for your suggestions concerning the cribs offered and will keep that in mind for our next order. We hope to see your family during your next trip.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent one night in a King Whirlpool suite. The King sized bed with the 4post frame and headboard was beautiful, hard to believe it was a Best Western. The main room did show a bit of wear in the carpet (I assume this was due to water from the whirlpool tub since it is in the main room itself instead of the bathroom).

Our room was on the front of the building so we didn't notice any noise, and we were at the end of the building and didn't really hear any door slamming (I can confirm that our own door was loud if left to close on its own).

I have to assume that they turn off the pool heat during the summer as the main pool was so cold it initially made my legs go numb. I'm used to cold water but this pool was one of the coldest I have ever used, even my son wouldn't stay in very long and he loves swimming. Just because it's a heat wave outside doesn't mean any of that will translate to the pool inside.

The little bar off the lobby was very welcome, however I will warn you to never, ever order the $10 pizza through the front desk. We were so tired and worn out from driving that we couldn't bear getting back into the vehicle to find a restaurant... we regretted it. Apparently they are "pre-made" with no options to modify them, yet when they arrived an hour later they were practically inedible. A $3 frozen pizza from Walmart comes out of an oven looking and tasting much better than these.

Breakfast the next morning was pretty good, with hot and cold items available.

Overall we had a good stay, we even got to see the local Fire Dept in acction when they responded to an alarm going off. The staff came around and handed out bottled water until we were given the all clear to get back into our rooms.

The location was convenient, but if I was traveling through this area again I'd probably choose a different location.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your family’s stay at the Best Western Plus Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed several amenities we offer at the hotel. We will take your comments into consideration concerning the lounge food offered. We apologize the pool temperature was less than satisfactory. We take great care to check our pool temperatures daily to ensure to comply with our local health departments standards; however we also strive to ensure our guests are comfortable. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Staff was professional and very friendly. Our room was clean. Common areas new in appearance. Overall no major complaints. A nice, comfortable, and clean stop on our road trip. Their pool was a nice plus. One recommendation, we did hear the truck traffic and machinery from the next door gravel pits. To mask this noise that went on till 1000pm and started again around 0500am we just turn on the air conditioner. I would recommend that you request a room on the front of the hotel if given a choice. We found this to be a minor anoyannce and no big deal but if you are a light sleeper it may affect your sleep. Breakfast and coffee was a nice touch that was presented nicely and well stocked. Overall nice place that I'd recommend and one that I would return to the next time I'm in Eau Claire, WI.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the gravel pits...such as on the front-side of the hotel to avoid hearing t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt M
Jessie G, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

We are pleased to hear you found your stay at the Best Western Plus Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites to be a satisfying one. We apologize that nearby noise was a disturbance to you. Thank you for choosing our property for your Eau Claire travels.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The accommodations were very nice. However, like the last time I stayed, I was unable to make access to the internet. I was able to connect, but unable to browse to external sites, whereas I was able to the night before and since. That was the only issue, everything else was great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jessie G, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We apologize about your trouble browsing the internet at our property. We will do our best to address this concern in order to eliminate the issue in the future. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you for your next Eau Claire trip.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Clean facility, comfy bed. Plenty of outlets in room. Wireless worked fairly well. Pool & exercise room kept up. Real bacon for breakfast with a little above average other selections, all kept well stocked. Professional staff & good bartender in lounge. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in town & recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Jessie G, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites during your Eau Claire travels. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed our staff and several areas of our hotel including your guest room. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was here on business. The service was OK. (staff at the desk was trying WAY too hard, I don't need a buddy, I'm just checking in) I would give this a 4 or possibly even 5 stars based on the room, cleanliness, quietness, check in. I was here on business and struggled like crazy to connect to the Wi-Fi. It clearly was available but it was either bogged down by the amount of traffic or it was not a strong enough connection for a property of such size. I spent about 30 minutes trying to get one e-mail out, it did finally go, but only because I had a portable hot spot and even that was struggling to connect to local cell towers.

This is a good hotel, just don't come and expect to spend time on the internet.

Room Tip: Chose a King Suite, it was huge. One of the best rooms I've stayed in! #206
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

We are sorry to hear our service did not meet your needs at check in. We are glad to hear, however that you found your guest room and the cleanliness to be satisfactory. Thank you for informing us about the trouble you had with our wireless internet. We apologize for the inconveniences that it caused you during your stay. We will definitely be investigating this and taking the necessary steps to prevent this in the future. Thank you for your helpful comments.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Motel and rooms are average, and exactly what you would expect at this price point. I took issue with having my driver's license scanned when I checked in. The clerk was very nice and understood my concern, but indicated it is Eau Claire city ordinance, due to drug trafficking between Minneapolis - Madison/Milwaukee. She offered to show me a copy of the ordinance. Internet access is also censored. Too much big brother for me. I was on a cross country trip and this experience will make me steer clear of Eau Claire in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

We are sorry to hear that the City Ordinance requiring us to gather our guests information concerned you. Securing our guest’s information is very important to our hotel and we hope that you find some comfort that your information will be safe. Our internet hot spot is secure and because of this we have successfully kept our guest’s internet use safe. We are glad to hear your guest room met your expectations. We are sorry to hear your travels will not continue to the Eau Claire area. Thank you for your helpful comments.