“As expected”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is my first time staying at a Grand Stay. I can see why people would want to stay in this hotel for an extended stay. Absolutely felt the home-away-from-home feeling here. On this stay, I was here for 1 night.
LOBBY: This area was nice, it felt cozy, I loved the staircase. Very home-like feeling.
BREAKFAST: This was sufficient, nothing fancy, no eggs, but they did have French toast and bacon, a waffle maker, some cereal, yogurt and all the typical cold breakfast items.
SERVICE: I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff. The morning front desk lady was nice. The young gal that was working in the breakfast area didn't go out of her way to be friendly, but did her job just fine.
ROOM: I was in a 2 room suite, with the large living room. I really liked the room, it felt very spacious. I would have liked a king bed in the bedroom, it was just a queen. Fine for my needs, but a king would have been better. Cleanliness seemed just fine. All electronics were in working order.
LOCATION: I liked the location of this hotel, not too far from the shopping mall, which was our main intent for our stay. There is a Kohl's, Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, Office Max, Wal Mart, Dollar Tree, etc....all less than 5 minute drive from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GrandStay5, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

We definitely enjoy receiving the feedback explaining all of the areas of the hotel. We we take a look at each area and address any shortcomings. In the future, we do have some room types with king beds if you are interested for future stays. The hot items served during our breakfast rotate daily and we do offer a variety of items including scrambled eggs and omelets. I am sorry that they were not offered during your stay and hope that in the future those will be available if you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is an excellent property with really wonderful amenities. The hotel is newly remodeled, and it looks great. Beds are very comfortable, the rooms/suites are well designed. Breakfast is always very good or excellent. The pool is incredibly small, though nice. I would highly recommend this property for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for noticing all of our recent renovations and improvements. We are more proud than ever to provide each and every guest with the cleanest and level of services that our guest come to expect.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at the Eau Claire Grand Stay and I've also stayed at the one in La Crosse. I'm very pleased every time. This past week it was so relaxing to stay here after being caught in an unexpected snow storm on slippery roads. The front desk clerk (I think her name was Rose) made me feel right at home as soon as I got there. The location is great and has lots of stores and restaurants very near by. The room is a welcome change from the typical budget room that you would usually expect from a hotel in this price range. There was a big table to use for work or dinner. The wi-fi was very fast and easy to connect to. Everything was very clean and it was nice to have separate living and sleeping area, even though I was there by myself. It just feels more like home. I would pick this place over the competition every time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing not only the Eau Claire GrandStay but the La Crosse GrandStay as well. We strive to make each and every guest as comfortable while they are away from home.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was at the Grandstay for 2.5 weeks for work and it was a great place to stay for business. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The workout room is nice, the breakfast choices are good, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I would definitely come back and stay in this hotel!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel. We are glad to know we could make your 2.5 weeks in Eau Claire enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I met my old college roommates at this hotel. The hotel upgraded us to a two bedroom suite. The suite was excellent. It was very large and extremely clean. The hotel was very quiet. They serve hot beverages all day long. They also have a complimentary breakfast. It is very close to the mall and a variety of restaurants. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing the GrandStay during your recent reunion. We look forward to making events like this comfortable and stress free. We look forward to your next gathering.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this property for business. The rooms were large and had everything you could want in terms of this type of hotel : kitchen, full size fridge, sitting area, separate bedroom. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. LARGE bathroom. Also clean. Breakfast was a nice hot / cold offering. Completely adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kris M

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our recently updated guest suites and look forward to taking care of each and every guest. Thank you for the kind feedback and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and saw that Grandstay offered a 2 bedroom suite at a reasonable price, so we booked it. We called to see if we could check in early and was told that our room was all ready at 11:30 a.m.! The room was very comfortable with 2 separate bedrooms, a kitchenette with a table/desk and a den-like area. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. There was a pool/hot tub room but we didn't have time to use it. Breakfast was served from 6-10 and offered the usual fare (the eggs were questionable though). Coffee was good and available all day. Very nice staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jondska

Thank your for the honest feedback from your stay with us. We will take everything into consideration in hopes to better serve our guests.