“Great hotel and staff!”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Rooms could use a coffee table and somewhere to set soap and shampoo while in the shower.

Hotel is beautiful and rooms are spacious, but lacking in places to get work done. I have enough floor space to sleep 8 people but nowhere for my laptop to work on while sitting on the sofa.

Bathrooms are spacious but has a standing tiled shower that flows into the rest of the bathroom. It would help to have somewhere to place soap and such while taking a shower aside from the floor.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hi,
I stayed here for business for almost a year. It quickly became my home away from home.. The staff were superb in every way.!! They really made my stay comfortable and made me feel at home. Yet their professionalism always shone through. An amazing job done by all..Thanks Guys!! The Grandstay had the comforts of home yet the amenities and staff of a 5 star hotel. A unique pleasant combination that will make your stay one of your best hotel experiences.

All my needs were thought of before I needed them and on the rare occasion where something was needed the service was rapidly and professionally given. The breakfasts were very good and varied. Above average to say the least..I was addicted to the sauges..mmm.
The rooms are immaculately kept and the value for your dollar cannot be surpassed. The rooms were quiet and the beds were awesome. The location is fantastic to get in and out to the 2 major hiways going north and south or east and west (94 and 53). There are plenty of excellent restaurants within 5 mins drive, walking to many and also shopping right across the road and also Eau Claires largest Mall within 5 mins drive across the freeway. Target and Wallmart are within walking distance. Texas road house, Fuji- japanese, a couple chinese buffets, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden a Brazillian restaurant,Buffalo wings, a Panera and many many more are within 5 minutes.. So it is the best location for a hotel in Eau Claire.
During my stay I saw plenty of sport teams, business meetings and political parties staying there. Paul Ryan and his entourage of security spent a night there !... which was very interesting to see security on the ready through out the hotel all night long.

So a must stay if you are in the Eau Claire area.
A large backyard with a childrens play area and a basketball court. Grilles are outside for bbqing your own meals...a home away from home with all the amenities and more.
I cannot say enough of the staff and this hotel. I travel extensively and this was my favorite by far.

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and quiet. They are roomy and have just been upgraded before I left. I did...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went here with my wife's family to attend the Burial of her mother and the hotel was very accomodating. Besides giving us a special rate for this sad occasion, they gave my sister in law and her family (2 kids and a baby) an upgrade to a 2 room suite at no extra cost.
The breakfast was pretty good, but the fake scrambled eggs is always a let down. Bacon and breakfast burritos were tasty. Workout room is just OK but it did have all the essentials.

Room Tip: Remember when staying on the bottom floor you have to deal with kids running around in the rooms abo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The hotel exceeded our expectations. The beds were the most comfortable of any hotel that we've stayed in. Love the extra room with the couch so we could watch t.v. , it was super clean, and the staff was awesome. We were here on a shopping trip which was also nice to be so close to shopping and restarants. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I spent 1 night here on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The complimental breakfast was above average, with make your own waffles, pastries, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. at your fingertips. The workout room was standard, 1 of each cardio machine which was fine by me. The beds were comfortable and it was nice to have a full kitchen and free wireless internet access. If I was in the area again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was our favorite place to stay during our vacation. From the moment we checked In we were impressed. Casey made us feel welcome. The room was very comfortable and clean and the rates were excellent. We highly recommend the Grandstay in Eau Claire WI!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This had a great layout for a girls' weekend away. The separate bedroom and living room space were great. There was definitely room to spread out and everything was quite clean. Having Target so close was convenient for a Starbuck's fix in the morning, as well as, for picking up snacks and beverages for the fridge in the room. The only drawback was that you could hear the people in the adjoining rooms almost as if they were in our space. When I wake up to the sound of the man coughing in the room next door I am pretty sure the walls are thin. But friendly front desk people, clean rooms, convenient to the highway, and spacious (for the price) were major plusses!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends