“Small but oh so good!!”

Chick-a-Dee's Family Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 238 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Reviewed June 27, 2014

After reading the reviews on this site and others we decided to give this place a try. We went on a Friday night and most of our large party had the fish fry. Oh so good :) Every year we stay at a resort on Lake Wassota and go out to dinner on our last night. We will be back next year and so on....

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Although an older little restaurant, the Friday Night Fish Fry was the best fish fry we have had. The pieces of fish are absolutely huge, but oh so tender and delicious. Service was super and the rest of the special was good too. The price is low and a great place for children besides. We would give them a 10+ for their fish fry. We will be back someday.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

CaD's is a little off the beaten track, but worth the (short) excursion. It is petite and cozy, all beaten-up booths (thus the diner feel) with good diner-type food. I have had breakfast here, and it was good and promptly served. The highlight for me is their Friday Fish Fry. Tremendously popular, and deserves to be. Unlimited portions of battered and fried (or broiled, or blackened) fish, huge perfectly cooked fillets (I can seldom eat more than the initial two), potato any style (I love the baked with the fixin's), and fruit salad, lettuce salad, or vegetable (I always get the fruit salad - a canned tropical blend). Toast. It is middle-American food nirvana. Don't come here for fake smiles and canned conversation - the service is brisk and facial expressions are natural. I like that. I hope you will too.