“Eau Claire's finest!”

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse- Eau Claire
Ranked #5 of 238 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse Eau Claire brings a new dining experience to the heart of the Chippewa Valley. Located in the beautiful Holiday Inn and Suites, Johnny’s offers guests a casual dining experience in an elegant setting. Johnny’s Blue Bar has an extensive selection of wine and cocktails. Our Culinary Institute of America trained Executive Chef prepares delicious steaks, seafood, Italian specialties and desserts.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went here recently and were impressed at the atmoshpere and service. Great steaks and food, without the losy service usually found around Eau Claire. Go! It's worth it!

1  Thank Kongemau

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We went to Johnny's at 8pm on a Sunday night for the first time since JISH opened. We'd heard good things from friends/family and received a gift card for Christmas that we decided to use. Our meal came to $80 for 2 steaks (New York strip & porterhouse), a Cosmo, and soda. The Cosmo accounted for a whopping $10 of the bill. I'm use to paying more for drinks at fine dining but even this was astounding and the one I chose was bitter and really not what I expected, sadly. Our salads were small, but good, bread included was good. My mashed potatoes looked awful on my plate, like they were just slapped on the plate and had a much smoother/thinner consistency than I am use to. We both commented on how unappetizing it looked, although they did taste okay. My steak....I would never order a Parmesan crusted ny strip here again. Mine was chewy but worse, the Parmesan crust was far, far too salty for my preference. The flavor of the steak though, was fantastic and my boyfriends' porterhouse was simply amazing. He received a very small portion of vegetables with his dinner that were good. The bill came to just over $80. Our server (female, don't remember her name) was non-existent throughout our dining experience, however the manager on duty was exceptional. We spoke with him a large amount at the beginning middle and end. We were very impressed with him. We would go back, but I wouldn't order anything I ordered this time around. And I will expect much better service for what you're paying. In this area, a restaurant of this caliber, charging this much will not last long if the service is not stepped up several notches.

Management response:Responded April 11, 2014

Thank you for the detail of your visit to our restaurant at Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse in Eau Claire, Wisconsin this past Sunday. Thanks for the positive comments about the manager. Going forward, feel completely free to discuss with the manager your thoughts about your experience be it about price, taste or service. The manager is there to ensure that the staff are delivering a great experience. There is not a manager out there that has your eyes; we depend on your comments to improve our performance. Please feel free to ask for the manager on duty the next time you are in the restaurant so that we can see if there has been an improvement over your last experience. If not, I encourage you to let us know because what we think is not as important as what you think.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Good variety on the menu with fish and steaks equally well prepared. Classic drinks were well made. Save room for the great dessert tray.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Adjacent to the new Holiday Inn, this is a bit upscale with very good service and food. My wife had a delicious dinner of Mac/cheese w/lobster one night and we both had plank grilled salmon the next which was delicious. My bone in rib eye was done just as I like it, on our first evening, and would highly recommend it.
We will certainly visit this place when we are in Eau Claire again.
Only down side is that their breakfast buffet is rather ordinary, and they don't offer either a breakfast menu service or Continental type breakfast.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went down to Johnny's as we were staying at the Holiday Inn. I was kind of excited to see such a well apportioned restaurant at a Holiday Inn. We pulled up to the bar until our seats were ready and the bar was well stocked but a bit spendy for tap beer. Our dinner was mostly steaks, our party had the rib eye, the New York Strip, and the filet. We all were in agreement that our steaks were ok but for the price the steak could have been better. I would have given 3 stars but the service we received as well as the atmosphere gives it an extra star.
Since we were discussing business it was kind of hard when they dimmed the lights, so I would recommend not making it so dark.

Management response:Responded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to allow for a moment of reflection on your recent experience at our Johnny's Italian Steakhouse in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Anytime a guest has a meal with us, we appreciate them letting the Performer know if they are not completely 100% satisfied. The Performer will alert the manager who is always available do what he/she can to please our guests.

Concerning the lighting, we realize that for a guest to walk in from the lobby into our lounge and then further into the dining area it is lower in lighting. However, this decrease in lighting affords for quieter conversation which is less impactful to guests at adjoining tables and offers a very subtle warm mood.

We look forward to you returning to our restaurant in the future. Please feel free to have a conversation with our management team to offer suggestions to improve your experience or future experiences.

-Mike Adams