“New Hotel...Needs Improvement!!!”

Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was staying in Eau Claire for business, and decided to stay at the NEW Holiday Inn as I had seen the construction driving by during the past year. When I arrived, the hotel was Very nice and the front desk person did a good job with checkin. The room was good, large and quiet as would be expected being a new hotel. Good night sleep! The problem was when i got up in the morning, I noticed blood on my pillow! I thought that maybe i scratched my face during the night, but NO!!! I told the night desk person, and he said that he would notify houskeeping....No apology....WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN...AND WILL THINK TWICE ABOUT SATYING AT HOLIDAY INN'S AGAIN!!!

1  Thank steve y
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered while you were here. The situation with the pillow and the way it was handled are not the standards that we expect from our staff. These issues have already been addressed.

Please accept my apologizes and let me try to assure you if you would choose to stay with us again, these issues will not happen.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well designed rooms and recently open so everything is fresh. Staff well trained and and provided quick registration. Location is close to restaurants and shopping, near the freeway but not noisy and actually a rather scenic rural view. Finding it isn't intuitive and some map nav systems don't yet have this location. Agree with another's comments about the TV remote being unnecessarily quirky/complicated - small annoyance but why not keep it straightforward. The space in the rooms, the microwave and fridge all add to the positive reaction.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view to the southeast
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I want to thank you for your comments. We want to bring the best experience possible to all our guests so we take every comment seriously. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Hope to see you when you travel through Eau Claire.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is new, so of course right now is when everything is at its best. The heat unit in my room I think needs to be looked at as I had to run it at full blast for several hours before the room warmed up. The only bad thing is the TV and the remote control for it- very hard to use, and yes, I know that sounds dumb but you will see for yourself. The restaurant is nice, food was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I am glad that you choose the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South when you were in town. I appreciate your feed back on the remote controls and the A/C units. We take all suggestions and comments seriously. I hope you will try us again when you are in town.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

GPS didn't recognize address, so phoned hotel. Received good directions from friendly helpful staff. Reservation correct upon arrival. Recognized as IHG club guest. Received coupons for on-site restaurant. Exquisite dining. Ample free parking. Felt safe. Rented corner King suite. Spacious room with entry closet, microwave, mini-fridge, wet bar area, desk, sofa and chair. Large windows. Enjoyed pillow choices. Walk in shower. No tub. Rented ATV's to ride on countless trails in the Black River Falls Forest area. Very fun! Would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Eau Claire. We know the GPS status is an issue, but I am glad that the Front Desk was able to guide you in. Johnny's is a wonderful dining experience and I'm glad you had a chance to have a meal with us. Please come see us again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good location, no shuttle from the airport, new hotel, so the rooms and beds are very nice. The staff is very friendly. The rooms have refrigerator and microwave.

Restaurant at the hotel, open for breakfast. Lots of others places near the hotel - restaurants, shopping center, central location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I am very glad that you choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. I am also glad that you had the opportunity to experience Johnny's. I hope you will stay with us next time you are in Eau Claire.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here because our "regular" hotel in Eau Claire did not have a room available. This may become our new "regular" hotel! Just recently opened when we stayed a few weeks ago, everything about the hotel is very nice. Clean, very nice rooms with especially nice beds and pillows. The bar, hallways, lobby, other areas are very nice and clean and well kept too. Location is great--somewhat away from other things so it is nice and quiet, but still within a few blocks of a nice mall and shopping area. Would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wrtoyworks
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I am so glad that you have found us. We appreciate your kind words about the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. We hope that you will make us your new "regular" hotel when you are in Eau Claire.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a great stay. The restaurant was great, the bar was great, the overall stay was great. Would definitely recommend and stay here again. The food was good and the drink selection was a cut above the usual hotel bar. And the layout of the bar was good as well. It's definitely worth stopping here if you are in need of a place to stay for pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. Your kind words will be passed on the staff that we hope makes your stay wonderful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.