“Nice new property”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice new property”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well designed rooms and recently open so everything is fresh. Staff well trained and and provided quick registration. Location is close to restaurants and shopping, near the freeway but not noisy and actually a rather scenic rural view. Finding it isn't intuitive and some map nav systems don't yet have this location. Agree with another's comments about the TV remote being unnecessarily quirky/complicated - small annoyance but why not keep it straightforward. The space in the rooms, the microwave and fridge all add to the positive reaction.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view to the southeast
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I want to thank you for your comments. We want to bring the best experience possible to all our guests so we take every comment seriously. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Hope to see you when you travel through Eau Claire.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
IL
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is new, so of course right now is when everything is at its best. The heat unit in my room I think needs to be looked at as I had to run it at full blast for several hours before the room warmed up. The only bad thing is the TV and the remote control for it- very hard to use, and yes, I know that sounds dumb but you will see for yourself. The restaurant is nice, food was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that you choose the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South when you were in town. I appreciate your feed back on the remote controls and the A/C units. We take all suggestions and comments seriously. I hope you will try us again when you are in town.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed October 24, 2013

GPS didn't recognize address, so phoned hotel. Received good directions from friendly helpful staff. Reservation correct upon arrival. Recognized as IHG club guest. Received coupons for on-site restaurant. Exquisite dining. Ample free parking. Felt safe. Rented corner King suite. Spacious room with entry closet, microwave, mini-fridge, wet bar area, desk, sofa and chair. Large windows. Enjoyed pillow choices. Walk in shower. No tub. Rented ATV's to ride on countless trails in the Black River Falls Forest area. Very fun! Would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while you were in Eau Claire. We know the GPS status is an issue, but I am glad that the Front Desk was able to guide you in. Johnny's is a wonderful dining experience and I'm glad you had a chance to have a meal with us. Please come see us again.
scubaspice
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good location, no shuttle from the airport, new hotel, so the rooms and beds are very nice. The staff is very friendly. The rooms have refrigerator and microwave.

Restaurant at the hotel, open for breakfast. Lots of others places near the hotel - restaurants, shopping center, central location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I am very glad that you choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. I am also glad that you had the opportunity to experience Johnny's. I hope you will stay with us next time you are in Eau Claire.
Madison, WI
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here because our "regular" hotel in Eau Claire did not have a room available. This may become our new "regular" hotel! Just recently opened when we stayed a few weeks ago, everything about the hotel is very nice. Clean, very nice rooms with especially nice beds and pillows. The bar, hallways, lobby, other areas are very nice and clean and well kept too. Location is great--somewhat away from other things so it is nice and quiet, but still within a few blocks of a nice mall and shopping area. Would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wrtoyworks
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I am so glad that you have found us. We appreciate your kind words about the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. We hope that you will make us your new "regular" hotel when you are in Eau Claire.
Streator, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a great stay. The restaurant was great, the bar was great, the overall stay was great. Would definitely recommend and stay here again. The food was good and the drink selection was a cut above the usual hotel bar. And the layout of the bar was good as well. It's definitely worth stopping here if you are in need of a place to stay for pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. Your kind words will be passed on the staff that we hope makes your stay wonderful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Duluth
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Traveled here for business meeting and was impressed with the hotel and the friendly service. The bar was nice, although the bartender obviously new and measured my cordial in a metal shot glass. The breakfast buffet was only so-so, and some was cold, but perhaps it was because it was a bit later? I was a bit early for check in, but they accommodated me immediately and cheerfully.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Believe all would be good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to be your hotel of choice when you come back to Eau Claire. Your comments about Johnny's will be addressed by the management team. We hope to see you again soon.