“Disappointed”

Bijou Bistro
Ranked #62 of 238 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bijou Bistro is your restaurant destination, serving lunch and dinner on Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire WI. Our continental fine dining cuisine is sure to bring you back! Bijou Bistro and Catering of Eau Claire WI can help you with any event: wedding, birthday, business party, and Christmas are just a few of the events you can choose Bijou to either cater or host in your home or our bistro.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We love the concept but not impressed with the execution. The location is in a strip mall next to a check cashing place on one of the busier intersections. The $12 salad was a small potion of mixed greens with a slice of pickled pear, walnuts and blue cheese. Not anything that would justify a signature title and the price. We had the grouper and lobster ravioli as the main course. Grouper was rubbery and the ravioli had a weird sauce. When asked about the wine we selected neither the host or server had tried it, it was a new boutique wine they are trying. Needless to say it was very poor quality wine and I would be disappointed with it at any price. We will not be back.

I would suggest a much higher quality salad. $24 salad for two should be huge and flavorful. Fish should be fresh and only serve what you can purchase in the highest quality to justify the price.

3  Thank kenais3
Bijou_Catering, Guest Relations Manager at Bijou Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. We take customer feedback very seriously and we will review our wine selection at the next staff meeting.

We do hope you will give us another chance next time you pass through.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Bijou Bistro exceeded any shower I have ever been to in all categories: Atmosphere, Food & Hospitality!
The atmosphere was light, airy and intimate.
The food was delicious and comforting in the most detailed way.
The hospitality from Tony was a treat, to say the least.
Brava, Bijou Bistro. Brava!
-Miss Britta Cedergren

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Get past the exterior of the building and you won't be sorry! I have been here for a dinner as a couple and also for a private gathering...both had wonderful results. Great meals and amazing desserts. Mona Lisa's in Eau Claire should watch out for the competition from this gem. Run here, don't walk!

1  Thank FoodnDrinks04
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had the privilege of holding my daughters baby shower at Bijou Bistro yesterday. From start to finish, it was perfection! There were 15 guests and every single one of them have sent me a message saying this was the best shower they have ever been to. Here's why...
1. The atmosphere and ambiance is wonderful. It is so elegant and welcoming. You know, the second you walk in, that you are in for a treat.
2. The service was outstanding...start to finish...outstanding!
3. The food....ohhhhh the food!!! The only thing we could talk about during the meal was how incredible it was...every dish, every bite..absolutely incredible!
And
4. Chef Tony. From the moment I spoke to him the first time, to the moment we walked out the door, he was a dream to work with! He helped with every aspect of set up and came up with the most amazing menu. From the punch all the way through to the dessert...absolute perfection!
I have eaten at Bijou Bistro in the past and always have had a wonderful dining experience but what we experienced yesterday goes above and beyond! This was something I will never forget and I can't wait to go
back!!

3  Thank JSeauclaire
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I attended a Baby Shower hosted at the restaurant. Bigou Bistro was hands down impressive!!! Everything was amazing down to the last detail. Restaurant created an intimate atmosphere which was casual and yet elegant for our personal party. Artisian Salads were yummy. Stuffed Ravioli, vegetables and potatoes were all cooked to perfection. Mini deserts were so tempting that even I had two. Yikes! And they perfectly complimented the food. I can't say enough about the service.....it was terrific. Staff was friendly and helpful but stayed quietly in the background. I would definitely recomment the restaurant for lunch, dinner and any future gatherings(Personal or Corporate) you might have.