“Reliable quality and service”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #38 of 236 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I rarely review chain restaurants, but this Red Lobster in Eau Claire in the Clairemont Avenue business district has been a staid favorite while visiting. This side of town has few independant restaurants and I've yet to be disappointed by this Red Lobster after about six visits in as many years.

Service in the dining room and bar are efficient and courteous--a bit scripted/formula, but a very good execution of this formula. Food is a nice mixture of simple fresh fish and more elaborate entrees with warm cheese biscuits and fresh salad (with good crisp lettuce) accompanying many of the selections. I have a sensativity to salt and they are happy to oblige a request for reduced-sodium preperation if available (some of the sauces are made in advance).

The decor is quite over-the-top and tries to impress upon visitors that they are in a warehouse or shed on a fishing pier. Server's uniforms are a rather dazzling tessilation of sea creatures that makes most hawiian shirts seem tame. It teeters between thematic and kitschy.

My opinion of the aestetics aside, you will get what you order, in a reasonable time, prepared how you ask, your server will be courteous and the value for the price is quite decent.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We sat there for over 15 min without so much as a menu or glass of water. needless to say we left.I will not retirn here.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I hadn't been to a Red Lobster in about 12 years, because no one in my family likes Seafood, so I thought while I was traveling I would check this out since I was in the mood for Shrimp. The server was fantastic, very friendly, and attentive. The restaurant was a little warm but that is ok cause usually I am freezing in restaurants so it was a nice change. I had the steak and shrimp combo and it was fantastic, great flavor. Loved the Garlic Biscuits, and I am not a biscuit fan.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Our server was excellent Chelsea took great care and consideration of us and also food timing was right on no reason to leave hungry would definitely return again if you leave hungry there's something wrong well done and kudos to the staff here

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The food may be pricey but is worth every penny, the food is good and the servers are nice. Had to wait a little bit to be seated but once we were we had good service from our server and left with full bellies of delicious food.