“Awesome experience”

Randy's Family Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 229 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Where Faith, Family, and Friends Matter Most
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Awesome experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The service was terrific and the food was great....it's nice to have a nice sit down meal at the end of a day of traveling where people treat you right & friendly

Cutlerville, Michigan
“Great stop, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went there since it was very close to our hotel. My wife and I ordered and the service was good. the waitress was very friendly, helpful, and gave good service

Visited September 2013
Henley, Mo.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best food I have had away from home. Wonderful atmosphere and tremendous service. We visited several times and each visit was great. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
Anderson, Indiana
“REAL Pie, Great Food! Absolutely Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stop and stay in Eau Claire every year when we travel for vacation. Ever since Woo's Pagoda went out of business, we have been devastated and searching for a great replacement. Well we have found it at Randy's. In the car on the way to the hotel I was researching local eateries on my phone and found Randy's - basically I was sold at the first mention of free pudding. When you walk in you will automatically think of your grandmother with the decor (at least I did). We were promptly seated and greeted by a wonderfully cheery waitress who brought us all little cups of WARM made from scratch vanilla pudding that was to die for.

They have anything you could ever possibly want on their menu and they serve breakfast all day. I got the turkey burger and I was honestly not expecting much...I do not eat red meat and basically when you get a turkey burger at a restaurant you will get something that is dry and somewhat bland...that is just how they tend to be. Well, at Randy's you can get optional Cajun seasoning on their burgers so I opted for that since I anticipated it being on the bland side. OH my, was I ever wrong!

It was honestly the BEST turkey burger I have EVER had at a restaurant. The burger was THICK and it was JUICY. The Cajun seasoning was perfect and you MUST get it on their homemade wheat bun. I could eat that burger every day that was how good it was and I am a super picky eater as it is. As a side I got their chicken and dumpling soup – again it was homemade with from scratch dumplings and it was amazing. My family members got fried fish and the fish chowder and they said it was also top notch. At the end of the meal we got rhubarb custard pie that was very tasty (they were OUT of strawberry rhubarb and that was upsetting).

We liked this food so much we stopped here again for lunch on our way back home. Randy’s also has made from scratch salad dressing, sauces, mayonnaise, etc. as well. I could not tell you the last time I was at a restaurant that had so much homemade food. I wish we had a place like this at home!

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent service, nice experience overall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a smaller town, home cooking place. We appreciated the wide selection and the friendly service. Not a fancy restaurant but very nice for the family. Closed at 10pm, the latest we found in Eau Claire.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Randy's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!