“Awesome food and great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Randy s Family Restaurant

Randy s Family Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 229 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Henley, Mo.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best food I have had away from home. Wonderful atmosphere and tremendous service. We visited several times and each visit was great. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013

Anderson, Indiana
“REAL Pie, Great Food! Absolutely Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stop and stay in Eau Claire every year when we travel for vacation. Ever since Woo's Pagoda went out of business, we have been devastated and searching for a great replacement. Well we have found it at Randy's. In the car on the way to the hotel I was researching local eateries on my phone and found Randy's - basically I was sold at the first mention of free pudding. When you walk in you will automatically think of your grandmother with the decor (at least I did). We were promptly seated and greeted by a wonderfully cheery waitress who brought us all little cups of WARM made from scratch vanilla pudding that was to die for.

They have anything you could ever possibly want on their menu and they serve breakfast all day. I got the turkey burger and I was honestly not expecting much...I do not eat red meat and basically when you get a turkey burger at a restaurant you will get something that is dry and somewhat bland...that is just how they tend to be. Well, at Randy's you can get optional Cajun seasoning on their burgers so I opted for that since I anticipated it being on the bland side. OH my, was I ever wrong!

It was honestly the BEST turkey burger I have EVER had at a restaurant. The burger was THICK and it was JUICY. The Cajun seasoning was perfect and you MUST get it on their homemade wheat bun. I could eat that burger every day that was how good it was and I am a super picky eater as it is. As a side I got their chicken and dumpling soup – again it was homemade with from scratch dumplings and it was amazing. My family members got fried fish and the fish chowder and they said it was also top notch. At the end of the meal we got rhubarb custard pie that was very tasty (they were OUT of strawberry rhubarb and that was upsetting).

We liked this food so much we stopped here again for lunch on our way back home. Randy’s also has made from scratch salad dressing, sauces, mayonnaise, etc. as well. I could not tell you the last time I was at a restaurant that had so much homemade food. I wish we had a place like this at home!

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent service, nice experience overall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a smaller town, home cooking place. We appreciated the wide selection and the friendly service. Not a fancy restaurant but very nice for the family. Closed at 10pm, the latest we found in Eau Claire.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lansing, Illinois
“Home cooking done right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great home cooked food! Very unassuming place, but once you walk in you are welcomed into a family environment with great food. Once you sit down you get the free warm vanilla pudding. So good! Service was fantastic! I had the fried chicken...Yum!!! Get the potatoe skins as your side, you won't regret it. My wife had the bean soup which had like 10 types of beans...she really enjoyed that and I had the Chicken dumpling. Everything was fresh and tasted great.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank saad a
Pearl City, Illinois
“comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very friendly atmosphere and wait staff. Our waitress started us off with a small cup of hot vanilla pudding as we looked thru the menu. I ordered chicken and my wife ordered a mexican food apptizer with onion rings. Though we found our dinner food to be about average in taste and presentation the overall experience made up for the somewhat bland taste. When we were finished we purchased huge homemade-style cookies that were delicious. I had sugar cookies and my wife got the oatmeal cookies. The cookies were close to 5 inches in diam and we had the option to choose from the approx 10 types of cookies. Overall a great restaurant. A good choice or restaurant for families or couples. The cost for two was $26. Highly recommend.
We did note that breakfast seemed to be a big deal here with many menu choices. Even though we were eating dinner several of the patrons had ordered breakfast foods such as eggs. We'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kurt M

Been to Randy s Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!