“Not what I expected”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I booked at this hotel based on previous Tripadvisor reviews. Within 5 minutes at this hotel, I wished I had gone to another hotel.

If you do not mind a hotel that allows dogs in any room (one across from us had at least 2 barking dogs), souvenirs of the last hotel patron in the bathtub (along with a live black bug-in March!), water warnings that nitrates have been found, and breakfast with expired milk in a fridge that registered 48 degrees..then this is the place you should stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank NebraskaNess
texaco16, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

As a pet friendly hotel, we do allow dogs in our rooms. The guest with the barking dogs was notified immediately of the complaint, and was told future complaints or barking would result in the termination of their stay. The barking stopped within minutes and no future complaints were made.

Occasionally, a bug may appear in a room just like a home. We have monthly pest control services come out to the property to spray in order to prevent bugs, but living in Wisconsin, there are insects and they may find a way in.

The milk that was in the breakfast refrigerator expired on 3/28, the same day the guest found it. It was not past the expiration date. The temperature of the refrigerator was at 38 degrees, not 48 degree. During breakfast hours when we are busy and the refrigerator is constantly being opened and shut, it will warm up.

We have the health department come out for their inspections of our rooms and breakfast area and have never failed one.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We were making our way back to MN after a spring break trip to see family and do a college tour and decided to stop over for one more night to hang. The AmericInn on Texaco Drive in Eau Claire was fantastic. Staff couldn't have been friendlier, they had a great pool and the breakfast was awesome as usual. Beds were very comfortable and every part of the hotel was clean; from the bathrooms to the lobby and the pool. They even sold squeeky cheese curds and had a pizza oven to make frozen pizzas. There aren't too many restaurants right around here other than fast food, but it was nestled amongst gas stations and convencience stores for anything you might need and was right off the interstate. The front desk even told us which pizza delivery restaurant was closest if we wanted delivery, which we did. We would definately stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Stayed with grandchildren, pool was unusually clean and warm,same for hot-tub. The staff almost seemed as helpful as family,they were wonderful with 8yr.old & 6yr. old grandsons. Enjoy staying at this hotel chain in Mn. where our children are from,have to admit this one in Eau Claire has that one beat. Boys are "starved" upon wakening, so the varied breakfast saved us. Enjoy coming here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Absoulutely loved the americinn of Eau Claire, it was quiet, clean, comfortable, good smells, pool/hot tub was perfect temperature, fireplace going in cold weather, and great continental breakfast-many choices...home away from home...i give it a 10.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I am a tractor trailer otr truck driver. my truck broke down on Dec 9 2010 and I was at the hotel till Dec 23 2010.I cant say enough about the staff. Everyone from housekeeping to the general mgr went out of there way with warm smiles and cheerful greetings. My work puts me in a hotel everynight. and I would really have to do some hard thinking to find a hotel that measures up. My travels in Wi use to have me staying in Black River Falls but the people in Eau Claire made me feel so at home. So from now on if Im traveling west I will drive the extra hour to Eau Claire and if eastbound I will cut my day short. I will always look forward to seeing my new found friends / family. Thank You

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My husband and i are retired and travel alot and this was are second trip to this hotel. We have never been so unhappy and we have stayed in some not so good neiborhoods in the past. On Sunday morning we were tring to sleep in and were awaken to the words F you being screamed very loudly just outside of our room. My husband got up to investigate and discoverd in was the hotels housekeepers. They were going at it so badly and using the foulest language I've ever heard. I later went to the front desk to ask and was told everything was okay We'll it was not. As I was going back to the room I could them at it again somewhere in the building. I told my husband let's get the heck out of here. We decided to stay for our second night because it was almost afternoon. Would you beleive the same thing only worse the next morning, It was the same ones. I was scared for our saftey and will never be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed here and we were vary much pleased with the friendly staff and service they hold, They went above and beyond to see to it that our stay was quiet and comfortable without all the added expenses for breakfast and typical extra charges you seem to find most places for just about everything. every staff member smiled and greeted us polietly. we will be staying again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple