“An Affront to Business Travelers”

Hampton Inn Eau Claire
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Minneapolis, MN
“An Affront to Business Travelers”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for over a decade. It's never been my favorite Hampton, but it was always OK, and, as a Hilton Honors devotee, I over looked a lot. What I am not willing to forgive is this properties move to make it impossible to move the work desk so you can work and watch TV. The older design of the rooms has the suitcase stand, TV stand, armoire, and work desk lined up along the wall across from the bed(s). In the past they have shortened the cord to the lamp to discourage guests from pulling out the desk and angling it so you can watch the TV while you work. So, in the past, I simply put the lamp, coffee maker, etc., on the floor, pulled out the desk and chair and was able to work on my computer while watching TV. On this trip, however, I discovered that they have now shortened the cord on the lamp and glued the short corded ChargePoint outlet station to the desk so you can no longer move the desk. This is a real problem for business travelers who spend hours on the computer each night. All I ask is an opportunity to work on reports and watch March Madness games. You are forcing me to leave my beloved Hilton chain, as this site is no longer a comfortable place for me to stay and work at the end of a long day in sales!!! If you don't want people to move the traditional desk (I know it weakens the legs), and you aren't planning to upgrade the room layout- install the desks with wheels that are found at some of the newer Hamptons!! I'll come back when you do....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank MNBoogie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
N Saint Paul
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very nice hotel. The front desk help was outstanding. The breakfast was well above average. The rooms were very clean. The beds were great and the room fans were very quite. Did not swim but looked small but would work for the students.

1 Thank Mizb29
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Checked into this hotel late at night during a cross-country trip. Room was comfortable and quiet, which we definitely needed after driving all day. Easy to find, breakfast was good. Normal Hampton Inn Stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charlie C
Picton, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The staff of this hotel are very friendly, courteous and professional. Our room was excellent as were the amenities. My wife unfortunately realized she lost a diamond ear ring after we had been gone from the hotel for a couple of hours. She called and they searched and found the ear ring, advised us and sent it via mail to us. Awesome integrity and helpfulness. Thank you very much to the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Q4443JCsteveb
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 23, 2014

By far this was the best hotel I have stayed at. The service was friendly and phenomenal! The inside of the hotel was nicely decorated. They had a nice selection of coffee available throughout the day and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful. The rooms were nicely clean and stocked and ready for our arrival. The cleaner even left us a nice note that gave it a personal touch. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Picton, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on March 14,2014; the front desk person Micha went above and beyond and directed us to Randy's a great family restaurant for dinner. We got back to our room and our housekeeper had turned on the lights and the room temperature was perfect. We had a great sleep, the food in the restaurant was fantastic it was so nice to be waited on and selection was great. Now for the WOW, we were driving down the highway about 4 hours later and as is my normal practice, I was checking my ear rings, I was missing a diamond ear ring! We checked the car nothing, so as a last resort I called the hotel, Micha was on by then, she got my information and said she would check housekeeping and call me back. I was ill, about a 1/2 hour later Micha called and advised that the ear ring had been found by Morgan our housekeeper. I can not say enough about the honesty and integrity of these employees. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 Thank Joan B
Madison, WI, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Don't let the rather drab outward appearance fool you, inside this is Hampton through and through and that means comfort and quality at a great price. Very comfortable beds, good coffee, and a great breakfast (which is everything I look for in a business hotel). Don't forget to bring your swimsuit (I did, so I couldn't take advantage of the pool).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business