“Friendliest staff I've seen in a long time”

Hampton Inn Eau Claire
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed May 12, 2013

From a very genuinely nice girl who checked us in, to the cute notes from the staff and the rubber ducky in the bathroom, I felt that I was staying with family instead of a hotel. She (I think her name was Jessica) even put us in a room away from some noisy guests. How can you beat service like that? I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not a fan.. Room smelled odd day after day (total stay was 5+ nights), floors were sticky, blanket did not smell or feel clean. Walls are paper-thin - I could clearly hear phone conversations on either side of my room. Staff was not hostile, but certainly not exceptional. Did not receive Diamond benefits (water, etc) at check-in. I didn't complain about any of the shortcomings - but why should I have to? I stay at enough Hilton properties to recognize a substandard location. Generally like Hampton Inns - just not this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights, my first time staying at a Hampton Inn. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, and the rubber duckie in the bathroom was a nice touch. Breakfast was pretty good, there was a good selection of food. The only thing I didn't like is we were on first floor behind the desk and every morning and late afternoon the housekeeping staff had carts lined up down the hall making it very hard to move around the hall comfortable with luggage and such. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love Hampton Inns, this one was a beyond experience.
We pulled in after midnight Jessica & Rachel at the desk happy 2 serve, a perfect room & good sleep.
We got to play scrabble at the front desk and win a prize a great start when we arrive:+)
24 hour work out room rocked for the kids.
The breakfast warm and yummy with fantastic oatmeal fixin's, eggs & potatoes and more good choices 2 start the day in a fabulous way.
I am grateful for all the great service!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The woman who greeted us at the front desk was warm, welcoming, and efficient, and we were allowed to access our room early, as we'd requested. She remembered us and greeted us when we were in the lobby again. An excellent experience overall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Simple, nice hotel. Small rooms for a hotel in this area, and the bathtub made noises when I was showering as though it was not installed correctly (or was cheap quality). Very friendly staff, and clean simple rooms. For a simple, no bells and whistles clean stay this is an ideal option.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the third hotel I have stayed at in Eau Claire, with the other two being the Holiday Inn across the street and the Metroplex (awful). While the rooms with the king beds are rather small, I would say that is the only inconvenience besides the heating system. However, most hotels don't have fabulous heating and air conditioning systems. What really stands out is how friendly and accommodating the entire staff is. The front desk training manager remembered my name and my colleague's name the day after check-in, which is quite rare. Every single employee is friendly and outgoing. I consistently saw people mopping the floors, not necessarily because they were dirty, but just to keep them sparkling clean. One woman was polishing the door handles on the outside of the hotel room doors when I checked in. The breakfast attendant was aleays tending to something to ensure the buffet was well stocked. I noticed that one or more reviewers said they would rather stay at the Holiday Inn across the street. I honestly cannot imagine staying there again, particularly after staying at this Hampton Inn. I will definitely stay here on my next visit. Hint: if you want a little extra space, do ask for a room with 2 beds.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business