“The Best Stay Ever!”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“The Best Stay Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love Hampton Inns, this one was a beyond experience.
We pulled in after midnight Jessica & Rachel at the desk happy 2 serve, a perfect room & good sleep.
We got to play scrabble at the front desk and win a prize a great start when we arrive:+)
24 hour work out room rocked for the kids.
The breakfast warm and yummy with fantastic oatmeal fixin's, eggs & potatoes and more good choices 2 start the day in a fabulous way.
I am grateful for all the great service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wauwatosa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The woman who greeted us at the front desk was warm, welcoming, and efficient, and we were allowed to access our room early, as we'd requested. She remembered us and greeted us when we were in the lobby again. An excellent experience overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Simple, nice hotel. Small rooms for a hotel in this area, and the bathtub made noises when I was showering as though it was not installed correctly (or was cheap quality). Very friendly staff, and clean simple rooms. For a simple, no bells and whistles clean stay this is an ideal option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the third hotel I have stayed at in Eau Claire, with the other two being the Holiday Inn across the street and the Metroplex (awful). While the rooms with the king beds are rather small, I would say that is the only inconvenience besides the heating system. However, most hotels don't have fabulous heating and air conditioning systems. What really stands out is how friendly and accommodating the entire staff is. The front desk training manager remembered my name and my colleague's name the day after check-in, which is quite rare. Every single employee is friendly and outgoing. I consistently saw people mopping the floors, not necessarily because they were dirty, but just to keep them sparkling clean. One woman was polishing the door handles on the outside of the hotel room doors when I checked in. The breakfast attendant was aleays tending to something to ensure the buffet was well stocked. I noticed that one or more reviewers said they would rather stay at the Holiday Inn across the street. I honestly cannot imagine staying there again, particularly after staying at this Hampton Inn. I will definitely stay here on my next visit. Hint: if you want a little extra space, do ask for a room with 2 beds.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very nice, professional check-in reception by Laura who was able to change my room for one that better fit my needs. The always fresh coffee is a definite plus, including the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (smells so GOOD!) in the late afternoon, and fresh fruit available at any time. Clean rooms, with a nice personal note welcoming the guest is a nice touch from Dawn. Love the cute little rubber ducky, a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Refrigerators available upon request based on availability.
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've now stayed at several hotels in the Eau Claire, Wisconsin area and I am beginning to wonder why each one has something that is just not quite right about it. The Hampton Inn is no exception. There was the Fanny Hill Inn with an incredibly uncomfortable bed, the poorly named Grand Hotel that had an almost rock hard bed, a small inn near Altoona, WI that had a terrible breakfast every morning, the Holiday Inn that had a nice bed but was dirty and now I switched again and stayed at the Hampton for three nights this week. It's got a nicely updated lobby and breakfast area, the free coffee is terrible - go for the hot cocoa instead. The breakfast is pretty good though. The room that I had was very clean, the bed was not that comfortable and the forced air conditioning system could not quite find the mark when it came to heating the room, it was either overly hot or too cold - I just could not properly adjust it. I don't understand the short seating chair, it was very uncomfortable, the desk chair was ok and the desk area was good. The only problem was that you can't watch the TV while you work at the desk because there is a high boy credenza next to the desk and on the other side is the TV (bad, bad, bad set-up indeed). I find for me that the bed is the most important and this one did not cut it along with the TV position and the heating issue. Where to stay next time? I might be willing to take the dirty room at the Holiday Inn across the street with the comfy bed.

Room Tip: I understand that there might be better rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor - I had a first floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Glenn O
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Super friendly staff - after a long drive in a bad snow storm, we were welcomed as Hilton HHonors guests with complementary snacks and bottled water. The room was pleasant and clean, with VERY comfortable beds, and there was a leprechaun rubber duck in the bathroom!

We left early, so we did not use any amenities except hot coffee in the morning, but if I am ever in need of a room in Eau Claire again, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family