“Basic hotel, comfy beds”

Hampton Inn Eau Claire
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Portland, ME
“Basic hotel, comfy beds”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

As a business traveler, I stay where the company gets the best deals. I am fond of this hotel because the staff is friendly, the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean. The breakfast is better than a continental with more choices and some hot options. The cookies are my evening highlight, and it's location across from the Green Mill restaurant makes dining convenient if you don't want to venture far. A quick trip to the mall area, downtown and other prime spots make this a basic landing spot for a trip to EC.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ingridaw79
Rebekah B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Eau Claire, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
I have to agree with you about the beds! I like our beds so much that I bought one for myself!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Garrison, NY
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This is a typical Hampton Inn with an excellent staff. My room was clean and fresh smelling. The breakfast was the usual Hampton, but with excellent service. The front desk staff was super friendly and always greeted me as I entered or exited. Everyone made me feel very much at home and I will definitely stay here again when I
am back in Eau Claire.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for choosing us as your family while you were away from home!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel was nice and clean and the staff very friendly. I was very happy with my stay here. The bed was comfortable and I liked the choice of firm or soft pillows, both of which are provided on the bed automatically. On the lap desk they provide next to the remote and the channel guide was a bottle of water and a pack of Oreos. a friend of mine in another room got pretzles, so I got the better end of that deal.
When I went into the bathroom which like the rest of the hotel was quite acceptable the first thing I noticed was a small rubber ducky sitting on the towels on the edge of the tub. I thought it was a cute touch.
I had a waffle for breakfast with some sausage linnks. Eggs were available but I don't eat eggs so can not tell anything of their quality. There were also donuts, muffins several types of bread , bagels cold cereals, fruit and yogurt available. Along with coffee , tea, two types of milk and three juices. The only downside was I could not find a knife. Ever try and eat a waffle without being able to cut it?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
We have rubber duckies in all of our rooms, and they are free! I hope you took yours home with you! If you didn't you'll have to stop back in sometime soon - you'll likely see a different ducky each time you stay!
Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a good choice if are staying on this side of town. Hamptons are pretty much the same everywhere - clean, comfortable and good bedding. Breakfast it adequate to get you started in the AM

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
We are a mid-priced hotel, but our customer service is fabulous! Thanks for staying with us!
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a basic hotel that delivers exactly what it promises. Though the rooms were nothing fancy, they were clean, comfortable and well kept. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We had an unexpected problem with the air conditioning unit in one of our rooms not shutting off making the room unbearably cold. The front desk staff came right up to provide a temporary fix. After realizing that they didn't have another room to move us to, they got maintenance personnel to the room in short order on a Sunday night to get the problem resolved. While it is preferable to have no problems, we recognize that mechanical ones are sometimes unavoidable and we could not have asked for more by way of response.
Pool and hot tub were modest but very nice. The pool was warm and very comfortable. The exercise room was very small with three pieces of exercise equipment. The breakfast buffet was marginal but free. Overall a good solid effort. We would stay there again. Particularly good price with UW Eau Claire parent rate discount.

• Stayed August 2011
We work very hard everyday to provide the very best experience for you. Our rooms are squeeky clean and nothing beats our free breakfast. Our beds are fabulous as well. Thanks for being our guest!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I'm a UWEC alum and whenever I go back to Eau Claire to visit friends in the area, I always stay at the Hampton Inn. Rooms are spacious and comfortable and hotel itself is in great shape considering how busy it is every time I end up visiting! It was Country Jam this past weekend when I visited and the hotel was sold out, though you would never have known it by how quiet it was. I had called in advance to request a rollaway, and one was in our room upon arrival and at no extra charge. The Green Mill restaurant across Craig Road (in the Holiday Inn) was perfect for breakfast, and there's a McDonald's with a Playland next door. The Hampton Inn is always my choice when visiting EC. Oh, and the rubber ducky in the room was a nice touch. :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
I think so too! We're already the best, and we'll be improving even more in the near future including completely renovating our lobby. Come back and see us again soon!
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2011

My brother was planning to move to Eau Claire and booked at this hotel. Had a great stay, staf was friendly, gave my 1 and half year old son rubber ducks everyday that I stayed for a week. Breakfast in morning was also great and very organized. Very quite and relaxing sleep. Overall a great stay. Would recommend hotel to everyone. Thank-you Hampton Inn Eau Claire.

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor. But quality seemed to be same