“Nice business hotel”

Clarion Hotel Campus Area
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I spent a week in July and a week in August in this hotel on a business trip. Location was convenient to my office along with restaurants.

I thought the room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Nice to have a fridge and microwave in each room.

The pool area was nice also.

The front desk employees were very nice and greeted me every night with a sweet treat, a nice added touch.

The restaurant connected to the hotel is very good.

Will stay here again when in town on business, especially since it's only a mile from my remote office.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Campus Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed all of your stays with us, and we look forward to providing you with the same friendly service, comfortable and clean rooms as we have previously.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Campus Area

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed one night on a drive cross country. Front desk staff was helpful, lobby very clean, rooms were a bit dated, but clean. Had the opportunity to grab dinner at adjoining restaurant and it was great - fun atmosphere and food was good. Only downside to the stay was phone problems in room. Every ten minutes or so phone would ring and sounded like a recording would start when phone was picked up. I called the front desk and clerk said she was having phone issues too and the only way to stop the calls was for her to turn off incoming calls to my room, thus negating my schedule wake up call. I took the option of turning off phone...4am wake up call still came. Overall a good stay and I would choose this hotel again

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for being our guest! We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I do apologise regarding the phone issue you encountered during your stay. Our phone system had experienced a bad chip and we successfully replaced that right after your departure.
I will share your positive review of the Green Mill with their Management and Staff. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was a nice hotel in a good location. This was one stop on our summer motorcycle trip and overall this was a positive experience. The room was clean and comfortable. We did not use the pool/hot tub, but it looked very nice. We chose this location because it was a reasonable drive to/from the Leinenkugel Brewery tour in Chippewa Falls. We were able to drop off our bags before check in (though our room was not yet ready), and head out to our tour. When we returned STARVING at around 6:00 PM, we got into our room and headed immediately to the on site Green Mill restaurant which offered 1/2 price appetizers and rail drinks from 4-7 and after 9 PM. we also received a buy one, get one coupon for drinks when we checked in, which we used for a night cap. They offer a "grab and go" breakfast of juice, coffee, muffins, granola bars, fruit, etc. The Green Mill restaurant is also open for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Our hotel is conveniently located near a lot of great attractions in the Chippewa Valley. We will share your great experience with the Green Mill and are glad you enjoyed the Complimentary Drink Coupon and Sweet Treat coupons our Choice Privileges Members enjoy during their stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The staff was great and very helpful. The building is old with low ceilings. Rooms have been redecorated and are certainly clean. If they could provide a hot breakfast it would be an upgrade from the grab and go. Eau Claire doesn't have a lot of new options. I think this is the best of the old.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are proud of our clean and inviting hotel, and our warm friendly employees. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you as our guest again!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

On business i stayed at this Clarion and pulling up I could tell it was 20+ years old. When I walked into the lobby it was very clean, updated and spacious. The two young ladies behind the desk were especially helpful and immediately I started changing my mind about this being a poor choice. The hall ways are a bit narrow but the carpet and paint are new and very clean. The room although a bit small is well furnished, clean and fresh smelling Yes, this is a good value in a great location near the college and I would return. Also very quiet on the back side of teh building

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank george29938

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience. My staff and I thank you for kind words regarding your visit. We are an older property, but we do our best to provide clean, comfortable and well appointed rooms and friendly service. We are fortunate to have the University very close to us, and enjoy taking care of their visitors.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel Campus Area from July 20-22, 2014 in room 160 on a business trip. The hotel is about a mile walk from the UWEC center (let' say, the Davies Center) so it's certainly walkable depending on the weather. There is a Walgreens drugstore within 1-2 blocks, a few fast food restaurants, a sit down restaurant (the Green Mill - which I'm told is not bad) connected to the hotel, but not a lot of other "useful traveling establishments". You will almost certainly need some form of transportation to get around if you want to see a bit of the city. In the hotel, there are two levels and I did not see any elevators, so you want want to take that into consideration when asking for a room if you have many heavy bags. Yes, the decor seems a bit dated, but in good taste and everything seemed clean and in order. The beds have a pillow top (if that matters to you) my room had a digital thermostat controlled AC/heater that was not too quiet but not too noisy either (the clicking as it switches on can wake you up though). The towels were "plushy" and not too thin (I would say better than just decent). There is a hair dryer, iron and ironing board included (as would be expected), a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The wireless internet seemed decently fast (you tube videos could be watched and email's checked without any noticeable slowness). The tables and nightstands each had power outlets so that you could easily charge you electronics (not always convenient at other hotels, but this hotel did a good job of placing them in an easy to reach place). All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor room help you avoid stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience staying with our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back when you return.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for a few years when we travel to and from Ontario, Canada. When we arrive in the early evening, we have just driven 11 hours from Ontario to Eau Claire. We are looking forward to a good night's sleep because we still have 6 hours of driving ahead of us in the morning. In past years, we have not had a big problem with noise in the hallway or outside. We have always noticed some noisy people, but the problem has pretty much corrected itself at a reasonable time. However, the past two years, we have stayed here when there was a wedding booked in their banquet rooms. Between 1:00 and 2:00a.m, there were people yelling in the hallway, a toddler crying, others running and shouting to each other and this was after we had listened to this activity in the courtyard beneath our window since early in the evening. Weddings are fun and I get that. So, if you are invited to a wedding here, you should have a great time. If you need a good night's sleep, you might want to search for a hotel without a banquet room in Eau Claire ,there are plenty. After staying here for a few years, we will be staying elsewhere next year, its just not a good match for us anymore. And yes, the lack of an elevator is annoying. Our experience with the desk staff was fine, they were friendly. We did not use the pool. Our room was comfortable, the beds were comfortable. The shower functioned well and the room and bathroom were clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Campus Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2014

Thank you for being our valued guest for many years. I do apologize that this stay was not as pleasurable as the previous years. I am glad to see that our hotel rooms and beds were comfortable and clean. Our hotel does feature a banquet center along with the Green Mill restaurant and lounge, so people do come and go later in the night when the lounge closes. I will review our current policies with our security provider to make sure that all guests are able to enjoy their rest when this occurs.
We hope you will give the Clarion Hotel Campus Area another chance to provide you with our exceptional service and clean comfortable rooms the next time you travel through Eau Claire.