“Great value for our driver”

Days Inn West-Eau Claire
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right off the interstate. It is nothing outstanding but for the price we paid, it was a good value. The gentleman behind the desk was very friendly and had our key and papers all ready for us when we checked in. We had been given a room on the second floor, but when he saw we had suitcases, he gave us a room on the first floor and quickly gave us a new key. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. It was a little dated but not in a bad way. The continental breakfast was typical with the basics. Everything was in working order. Another thing is that I actually think this hotel has soft water!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Westmont, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were on our way to Minnesota so we needed a place to stay for a night. Room was pretty clean - don't move the nightstand to get to a plug - don't think they were ever moved to clean behind. If you need a cheap room for a night this will work. I don't like the cleaning people soliciting tips by leaving an envelope in the room with a cheery note. I will never leave a tip for a room I'm staying in for one night. Just isn't right in my opinion. Didn't talk to the staff except for checking in. Like I said, for a night it was a decent value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I traveled from Pennsylvania and stayed here for a friend of mines wedding that was nearby. It was incredibly cheap, and yet very clean. The bathroom was a little small but that didnt really bother me, what did bother me was the placement of the sink in the room! It wasnt inside the bathroom which was weird but not a big deal, but they put the clothing rack right next to the sink! The sleeves of my dress shirts were literally touching the edge of the sink, I had to be very careful brushing my teeth and shaving as not to splash water all over my nice clothes. The bed however was very comfortable. The other thing is the soap at this place was the worst hotel soap I have ever used. The shampoo as well, even after excessive rinsing you could still feel a residue of soap, the showers I took were very unsatisfying. It was a really cheap room so like how good can the soap be? Another issue was the door key, it was very temperamental, Many times when I came back to the room I had to try the key like 3 times just to get the door open because you have to pull the handle at the exactly right moment or it won't open. One other plus for me was that the a/c went down to a very cold temperature and I slept really well. Bottom line, it was a cozy, comfy, and clean room for a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends