“slow service”

Add it.
Obsession's Chocolate Cafe & Lounge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Food is pretty good. Atmosphere was nice. Truffles and bakery was to die for but service was slow and surly when owner not around.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Obsession Chocolates was a great place, but unfortunately it has CLOSED. I miss their truffles! I'll keep you posted if owner Becky Flynn offers a new venue at some point. The food was something special, and the chocolate was scrumptious.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Don't let the high ratings of other local Eau Claire restaurants fool you. This restaurant is one of the best if not THE best restaurant in Eau Claire. I did take a look at the previous 7 reviews before writing my own and I have to say it...if you're expecting fast food turn around, why oh why come to a local, downtown restaurant on a weekend, most likely during what is a lunch rush hour? This is a small town, locally owned restaurant that caters to an experience, not just an In & Out dine & dash. The experience is meant to be enjoyed.

With that said, out of the dozen times I have been at OC I have never had a bad experience. The food has always been wonderful, delicious, fresh, and I love the use of local ingredients. The bread is all made in house for their sandwiches and toast which makes the experience that much more special. The coffee. Oh, I could go on for days about the coffee. Utterly delicious. The truffles are ingenious, and to die for. My favorite is the Caramel Fleur De Sel, although they are all good. The croissants and other baked goods are fantastic, as is the homemade gelato.

As far as pricing, if you ask me they are under-priced. For around $9 per person, you are getting a generous portion of sandwich and a side, add a truffle and some coffee and it's around $15. $15 per person, to get fantastic, not just run of the mill average coffee, local ingredients, and handmade truffles just doesn't seem like a lot to me. You'll spend that visiting the local Friday's or Applebee's and not have quite the amazing experience.

Ambiance is very nice, the place is beautiful and service has always been impeccable. I love Obsession's Chocolates. The perfect name for a place you truly will become obsessed with.

1  Thank Bobbie B
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Got off the interstate for some local flavor. This restaurant was suggested. I found the staff attentive, food delicious and the ambiance delightful. I had the Monte Christo sandwich and it was great. The chocolate truffles were a nice finish to my visit. I would revisit anytime.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Food was great. Salads fresh but service is very slow. Allow at lease an hour and a half

1  Thank Dawn B