“Definitely needs help”

Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Des Moines, Iowa
“Definitely needs help”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed there recently and were surprised at the size of the rooms. They were pretty clean but the place was run down on the outside for sure. We had two parties staying and we had both asked for towels the next day and never received them. I know they are saying they are doing some remodeling but it has a long way to go. I really believe it has potential to be nice. The two people in the office do not seem excited to be working there. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Traveling555

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I am unable to give a complete review because this place is completely discriminatory.

Today I attempted to go into the office of the Highlander Inn because I was in town visiting my sister for the night and there was no room in her apartment for me and my boyfriend to stay there. As I approached the office, the lady peeked out at us through the window, and we couldn't get in because the door was locked. She said, "Sorry, we don't have any rooms available," and went back to her business. Our car was one of only two cars in the parking lot.

Now, my boyfriend and I are in our early 20s and have piercings and tattoos, but are well-mannered and quiet, but it seemed like she dismissed us because of how we looked. So when I got home, I found the number, and asked if they had any vacancies for the night.

She passed the phone to the owner (male), who said, "Yes, we have vacancies." I asked for the rate, then politely said I'd check back later and hung up.

Well, I'm sure if I came back to the office, all the rooms will magically be filled. And based on other reviews I've read since then, I'm not sure I want to go back. Decide for yourself if you think you look decent enough to get a room at this rundown motel.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Super 8 Eau Claire WI
#15 of 25 in Eau Claire
Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View

Been to Scottish Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Scottish Inn & Suites

Property: Scottish Inn & Suites
Address: 1135 W Macarthur Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701-6282 (Formerly Highlander Inn)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Eau Claire
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Scottish Inn & Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Scottish Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.